Chicken and Mushroom Pasta, slimming style
Thought it was time we had a new super slimming style recipe to add to our repertoire. What’s better than a bowl of creamy garlicky Chicken & Mushroom pasta?
This one is bursting with creamy flavour, chicken, mushrooms, garlic, lots of black pepper and parsley – simply delicious
And you basically make it all in one pan on the hob in 30-40 Minutes – boom 🙂
It’s perfect for a really tasty supper when you’re busy, or just in from work and you need to feed yourself and your family.
Well this is the answer I promise you
Look at it!
Step By Step to your Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
Full recipe and method at the bottom of this post
Fry the chicken, mushrooms and garlic until lightly golden
Then in goes the dry pasta, stock cube and water, followed by the chopped parsley
Simmer for approx 20 mins and finish with Elmlea single cream and a bunch of chopped parsley
Its so good! I love to add lots of black pepper too
How to serve your Chicken & Mushroom pasta
You can simply have it as it is straight out the pan
I like to stir through some spinach at the very end
Or serve maybe with a lovely tomato salad?
Other ideas for your Chicken & Mushroom Pasta
How about adding tarragon instead of parsley? I think it would be lovely (however I’m really not a tarragon fan)
Or maybe if you fancy a night off the meat, or you’re a vegetarian, just leave out the chicken and double the mushrooms.
You could use different kinds of mushrooms, chestnut maybe or shiitake?
The Slimming Deets forbore Pasta supper
Well it’s free my lovelies
Apart form the 2 table spoons of Elmlea single cream = 3 Syns
This means a bowl of this is 1.5 Syns – bingo!!
And I already know that you will ask ion you can use Quark or formage frais – possibly – but I’m not keen on either – so you’ll have to try.
If you do please let me know in the comments below – many thanks
Other pasta supper ideas
Another fave of mine is my Slimming style Mac and cheese – it’s delicious!
Pasta Recipes – Creamy Meatball Pasta
How about a delicious creamy sauce instead of the traditional tomato sauce
This dish is insane and packed full of flavour – give my Creamy Meatball Pasta a go and it’s ready in under 30 minutes 🙂
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Oh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Big Love Clare x
Chicken & Mushroom Pasta, slimming style
- Fry Light Cooking Spray
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- Salt & Black pepper
- 200 g Chicken Breast or mini fillets cut into 2cm pieces
- 150 g Button Mushrooms halved
- 120 g dried Pasta - I used spirali
- 3/4 Pt water
- I chicken stock cube
- 2 tablespoons Elmlea single cream
- Handful chopped Parsley
- Spray a large frying pan with fry light, add your chicken, garlic, salt and black pepper and fry over a medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Next add your halved mushrooms and fry for a further 5 minutes, until everything is lovely and golden
- Then remove your pan from the heat. Pop your dried pasta on top, followed by the chopped parsley, water and stock cube
- Stir and pop it back on the heat for 20 minutes, simmer (no lid) stir occasionally
- After 20 minutes, taste to check the seasoning and to ensure the pasta is cooked
- Then simply finish with the cream and chopped parsley, stir and heat through