Easy Chicken Biryani
So you have loads of left-over chicken? Try this lovely quick and simple Leftover Chicken Biryani recipe – yum.
I usually have loads left after a Sunday roast, do you?
I love chicken and eat it more than any other meat
So with your left over chicken you can create another perfect delicious and flavour packed easy supper for the family! and it’s so quick and easy
Perfect hey! AND it’s super healthy and fit the Slimming programme perfectly!
What is Chicken Biryani? I guess it’s the paella of Indian food
Traditionally, it’s baked in a clay pot for hours, but my easy one-pot wonder allows you to create this tasty dinner at speed!
And it’s super super easy. You can substitute the chicken for lamb if you like
For me it works sooooo well with either chicken or lamb, I also add mushrooms in my recipe as I think its perfect and a little different.
Not that traditional I know, but hey why not? For me it’s whatever works well
How to cook your Leftover Chicken Biryani?
I make mine all in one large casserole dish.
I use a Le Cruset dish and fry off on the top of the hob and then just bang it in the oven, jobs a good ‘un!
One pot wonder dinner Chicken dinner
I’m all about easy one pot wonders! It really is so very easy.
So create your very own show stopper when you lift the lid at the dinner table 🙂
After frying of your spices, chicken, mushrooms & onions. You simply add your rice and stock and bang it in the oven!
Remove your Chicken Biryani from the Oven
Remove from the oven – give it a stir, pop the lid back on and leave for 10 minutes and viola there you go!
What to serve your Easy Leftover Chicken biryani
Well to be honest I just add a table spoon of fat free yoghurt and some fresh coriander leaves sprinkled on top.
If you’re looking for a bigger meal how about Easy Naan Breads my mate Jenny has a really easy recipe – go check it out
Look at them 🙂
Or why not try my lovely and free
Healthy Onion Bhajis
Packed full of veggies & spices – onion bhaji’s are a great accompaniment to your Chicken biryani
Another Biryani recipe?
And if you love the chicken Biryani then I also think you’ll love my Easy Lamb Biryani too – very similar and equally as delicious
Other Chicken Ideas
And if you like this dish I have many other Healthy Dinners, both mid week and weekend.
One of my faves is my Easy Peasy Slimming Chicken Curry, a family fave.
Go have a look!
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested.
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Easy Chicken Biryani
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil / or Fry Light
- 1 Medium Onion peeled & finely chopped
- Thumb sized piece of Ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 200 g - 300g left over chicken cut into chunks
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon Chilli Powder depending on what heat you like
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Garam Marsala
- 100 g Mushrooms halved or quartered
- 200 g Basmati Rice
- 400 ml Chicken stock or water
- Handful of Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt & black Pepper
- Coriander leaves for decoration
- Plain Yoghurt for serving
- Preheat your oven to 160C fan/ 325F / Gas 4
- In your heavy bottomed casserole dish (hob proof) put your olive oil and turn on the heat to medium
- Next add your onion, ginger, garlic, chicken and fry for 5 minutes, stirring
- Next add your Chilli Powder, Turmeric, Garam Marsala and mushrooms, stir and fry for a further 5 minutes, stirring
- Then add your rice and stock and coriander leaves give it all a good stir and season with salt and pepper
- Pop the lid on your casserole dish (or cover tightly with foil) and place in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, remove and stir, making sure your rice is tender. If it looks a bit dry add a splash more water
- Return the lid and leave to stand for a further 10 minutes (do not put it back in the oven)
- Then simply serve with a dollop of yoghurt and fresh coriander leaves – yum!