Easy Peasy Dirty Rice!
So I’m being super good (again I hear you cry – well sadly yes!) I love my food, always have! And especially this Easy Peasy Dirty Rice!!
I’ve embarked on a Slimming / weight loss way of eating and so far I’m enjoying it.
I’m also enjoying making up new tasty recipes within the constraints of my Slimming programme.
What I love about this is it gets me back in the kitchen, as with my Slimming recipes you really are back to scratch cooking!
There is simply nothing better than getting in the kitchen and having control over what you add to your meals, with no hidden ingredients.
Warm Filling Easy Dirty Rice Supper
So here you have a warm, filling supper.
It’s quick, its easy, it’s full of flavour, so it fits the Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy ethos perfectly!
And very very tasty!
There are a lot of Slimming rice recipes out there, however I have to say I think this one is up there ref flavour!
Easy Dirty Recipe for rice
I called it Dirty Rice, there are a lot of recipes out there for Dirty Rice!
Feel free to add any other veggies you like and you could always add left over chicken, lamb, pork etc whatever you like – yummy!
It really is so filling and I’m sure the whole family will love it – Slimming or not!
You can also add spices etc. Ive seen recipes for Cajun Dirty Rice, all sorts of different combinations!
You can use this as a basic recipes and add anything you like
Let me know how it goes and if you like it? It tastes better than it looks. I really do promise.
It’s hard to get a good photo, it’s a dish that is simply not a looker.
But don’t be put off – it tastes really good!
If you want to add even more goodness add a great big handful of spinach, so tasty and so good.
AND it’s free! Slimming yes! Woop woop – so fill your boots 🙂 on this Easy Peasy Dirty Rice – go on!
Enjoy – so why not get down and dirty with this Dirty Rice! 🙂
Easy Dirty Rice as a side dish?
You can also use this recipe and serve it as a side dish to fish, meat, chicken – whatever?
Just use veggies and pop a bowl in the middle off the table and let your family tuck in!
Other Slimming Ideas
I have loads of Slimming friendly recipes.
Have a look around the website, simply use the search box.
The Cottage Pie is just a good healthy low fat version packed full of veggies
Both are Delicious and always on my menu plan!
I like a little bit of meal planning – so you?
I find is especially useful when I’m trying to be good.
And I do love a bit of Batch Cooking too
So these MeatBalls are fab – have a gander!
So tasty, so easy
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Easy Peasy Dirty Rice
- 200 g Basmatti Rice use dried - those others may have oil on them
- Frylight Spray
- 1 Clove Garlic peeled & finely chopped
- Bunch Spring Onions peeled & chopped in 1cm rounds (pop the tops on one side for garnish)
- 200 g Mushrooms chopped into cubes 1
- Small Yellow Pepper deseeded & cubed
- 1 small Red pepper deseeded & chopped
- 6 Bacon Medallions sliced into 1cm strips
- 120 g Frozen Garden Peas
- 2 Medium Free Range Eggs beaten
- Salt and freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Soy Sauce
- Handful of Spinach
- Boil rice according to on-pack instructions - drain and rinse in boiling water - removes the starchiness
- In a large frying pan fry (using Frylite) the garlic, spring onions, mushrooms, peppers for 7 minutes until almost soft
- Next add the strips of bacon medallions and fry for a further 5 minutes until cooked
- Finally add the garden peas and fry for a further 2 minutes
- Next add the cooked rice and heat through mixing with all the vegetables
- Once the rice mixture is piping hot, pour in the beaten eggs and stir until cooked
- Finally add a dash of soy sauce, garnish with the spring onion tops, spinach - stir and season
- Dig in and enjoy - guilt free