Mac ‘n’ Cheese Slimming Style
So when you think about being healthy and making a lovely healthy dinner I guess creamy, delicious Mac ‘n’ Cheese isn’t the first thing you think of now is it?
So I think mine is almost healthy Mac ‘n’ Cheese Recipe
Well let me tell you I’ve been playing around with a few recipes.
And ta dah I’ve come up with the most delicious version.
It’s so very good this Mac ‘n’ Cheese Recipe!
Yes (yippee) it fits to the Slimming eating system. Which ever system you’re doing!
However though do you know what? I’m not sure it really matters as it tastes so flipping good, it’s a great recipe anyway!
To me – It stands up to any Mac ‘n’ Cheese I’ve tasted.
With the benefit of knowing it’s ok for you, this actually made me enjoy it even more, maybe you too?
Fresh & Light Mac ‘n’ Cheese
Somehow it feels fresh, not stodgy like some Macs can!
I think the addition of the fresh cherry tomatoes on the top with the basil really gives that extra level to this recipe.
Yes of course you could add the tomatoes to the mix, but I actually like the cold tomatoes on top! Try it!
This lovely version has Mushrooms and Smoked Bacon inside – yum!
However if you’re looking for a vegetarian version just ditch the bacon, it’s so good anyway!
I have another Mac & Cheese Recipe on the blog which is also quite summery and messes a little with the classic
(I like to do that 🙂 ) it’s one made with Goats Cheese & Peas – have a look!
The Slimming bit!! (I have loads of other great recipes too!)
So – all the stuff is free on Slimming – except
The 2 Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles (1/2 Healthy A)
and the 1 tablespoon half fat Creme Fraiche (1.5 Syns)
(I’m guessing if you used zero % Natural Yoghurt it’s a Free dinner)
However I’m not a yoghurt lover so I’m happy to spend a little and enjoy this ruddy good feed!
What to Serve with your healthy Mac N Cheese
Well here I have lovely tomatoes on top and I think it’s fine just like that.
But if you want to be extra good you could add a big handful of spinach. Or/And maybe a side of Broccoli or Green Beans?
So let me know what you think guys! Slimming peeps or not! I’d love to know.
And if someone tries it with Yoghurt or Quark can you please let me know, by leaving a comment below this blog post ….
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Oh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Other Tasty morsels
Oh and if you love this recipe I think you might also like my Piri piri Chicken strips with Egg Fried Rice so tasty and easy!
And another quick and easy one is Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli – yummy
And finally don’t forget my Easy Sunday Dinner – also on plan!
So I an a believer that healthy slimming food should be super tasty and these are I promise!
Big Love Clare x
Dinners under 500 Cals
And if you are looking for a hands collection of dinners under 500 cals then look no further
Mac 'n' Cheese - Slimming Style
- 70 g Dried macaroni
- Fry Light Spray
- 3 Smoked Bacon Medallions sliced into strips (leave out if vegetarian)
- 100 g Mushrooms cut into 1/4's
- 1 Clove Garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles
- 1 Tablespoon 1/2 Fat Creme Fraiche
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes - cut in 1/2
- Handful Fresh Basil leaves
- Grab yourself a small saucepan and boil the water, add the macaroni and look for 11-13 minutes, until soft
- Whilst the mac is doing its thing Take a nonstick frying pan and spray with Fry Light
- Add the chopped mushrooms, bacon medallions strips and chopped garlic and fry for 5-8 minutes until cooked and golden brown (this is where all the flavour is)
- Once the Macaroni is cooked, drain using a sieve or collander then tip the cooked Macaroni back into the pan
- Quickly add the Cheese Triangles and Creme Fraiche, mix well with a spoon until all the cheese is smooth
- Tip in the bacon & Mushroom mix and season with salt & black pepper - if it's cooled too much - give it a 2 minute heat up on the hob
- Pop on the plate and add the fresh tomatoes and basil on the top!
- Dig in and enjoy