Courgetti with Chicken & Pesto
I have developed this tasty beauty of Courgetti with Chicken and it’s yum!
I was very sceptical about ‘Courgetti’ and the hype that surrounds it.
After all it’s not spaghetti for heavens sake it’s just ribboned courgettes (remember also known as zucchini in the US) !
Anyway feeling particularly chunky today I decided to try and have a good week this week, so a perfect opportunity to try out this much talked about ribboned veg!
I love Pesto and Chicken so…
Chicken & Pesto!
So I started with Courgetti with chicken & Pesto and a few other lovely ingredients
And I made this delicious dinner
Spiralizer – Courgetti?
So here goes, actually I was really surprised – it’s amazing that the brain can actually think it’s spaghetti like!! and mine did………. almost.
I have been trying to decide for a while if to buy one of those ‘spririlizers’ but alas no need quite yet, today I found a box in Tescos’s – Ta dah! – perfect so let’s try it!
And now they are in M&S and everywhere! I simply do not want another kitchen gadget – but if you do I think it would be worth it!
UPDATE: I changed my mind and bought this and I love it!
It’s cheap, it’s good and it’s small (cup sized) and it fits perfectly in the cupboard!
It’s really great and trust me I don’t do gadgets for the sake of gadgets! Cx
Here’s my first recipe with Courgetti … good (not quite fish and chips)
However it does feel like you are eating something substantial when you are trying to be a little healthier, so Courgetti with Chicken & Pesto, a success, super tasty
I may well do another recipe based on courgetti (or even two) I’ll start with a tomato, chilli one….
I did do another one and here it is
Courgetti with Bacon, Pine-nuts & Peas
Looks good doesn’t it! Hope and have a look
So have a go at this Courgetti with Chicken & Pesto recipe and let me know what you think.
Please drop a comment below the post
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
Courgetti with Chicken & Pesto
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil or spray light
- 1 large chicken breast fillet cut into small strips
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 small Red Onion thinly sliced
- Salt and Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper cut into pieces
- 10-12 mushrooms sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 250 g ribboned Courgettes or Zucchini I found mine in Tesco's
- 1 heaped dessert spoon Pesto
- In a large frying pan add the olive oil (or fry light) , chicken pieces, garlic and red onion and fry for 10 minutes
- Then throw in your yellow pepper pieces & mushrooms, fry for a further 5 minutes until your chicken is golden and onion & peppers are nicely softened
- Throw in the cherry tomatoes and fry for a further couple of minutes - add the pesto and stir
- Next add the courgette ribbons and carefully stir into the chicken mix - cook for a maximum of 3 minutes (no longer)
- Eat immediately and enjoy