Chicken Udon Noodles with Courgetti & Mushrooms
Warming noodly yumminess – that’s all I can say really 🙂 Of all the noodle varieties I particularly like Udon ones. These Udon Noodles with Chicken, Courgetti and Mushrooms make the easiest, tastiest and quickest dinners going, one for the whole family
I’m not sure why I love udon noodles so much really? But for me they’re just the right thickness and shape, they are soft and delicious!
Udon is a type of thick wheat flour noodle of Japanese cuisine.
So what are udon noodles?
Well according to wikipedia
Udon is a type of thick wheat flour noodle used frequently in Japanese cuisine.
Udon is often served hot as a noodle soup in its simplest form, as kake udon, in a mildly flavoured broth called kakejiru, which is made of dashi, soy sauce, and mirin. It is usually topped with thinly chopped scallions. Wikipedia
30 minute dinner with udon noodles 🙂
This lovely quick dinner is all cooked onto of the oven on the hob, this recipe is so quick!
Total time – under 30 minutes! Now you can say better than that, perfect for a weeknight!
Try adding other ingredients such as sliced peppers, spring onions, anything you like.
Please let me know what you do add.
How to make your Udon Noodle and Chicken dish
(See the full recipe card below)
Fry your chicken, garlic and ginger, then add your mushrooms, spring onions and brocolli – until golden
Next add on top your udon noodles and courgetti and fry for a further couple of minutes.
Add your soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and season and voila you’re done
Have a go at these Udon Noodles, Chicken, Courgetti & Mushrooms and let me know how you get on.
Please leave me a comment brow the recipe.
I do so love to get your comments
Big Love Clare
Another Udon Noodle Recipe
If you love Udon Noodles then I’m sure you’ll love this Beef Udon Noodle recipe
Udon Noodles with Chicken
- Few Sprays Frylight or 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 skinless Chicken Breast cut into small pieces
- 1 clove Garlic peeled and chopped finely
- Thumb sized piece of fresh Ginger peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 4 Spring Onions sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 Pack Wild Mushrooms
- 4 stems of tender stem Broccoli - sliced into 2 lengthways
- 100 g Fresh Udon Noodles mine were from M&S
- Handful Courgetti - mine too was from M&S
- 1 Table Spoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Freshly ground Black pepper
- Few Coriander leaves to garnish not essential
- Take a large frying pan and spray with fry lite 1 cal spray (or add olive oil)
- Next add chicken pieces, garlic and ginger, stir, fry for 5 minutes until nice and golden brown
- Next add the spring onions, mushrooms and broccoli and fry for a further 3 minutes or so - until just turning soft
- Add the Udon Noodles and courgette and stir - heat for a further 2 minutes
- Finally add the Soy Sauce and rice wine vinegar fry for 1 minute whilst string, then season to taste, garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve in a warm bowl and eat immediately