Easy Beef Udon Noodles & Shiitake Mushrooms
Total yumminess! These Beef Udon Noodles with lovely shiitake mushrooms are the perfect combination.
I don’t know why but I am so so hungry at the moment – maybe it’s the weather.
I always seem to be a little more hungry in the winter months?
This is not conducive to my aim to drop some pounds!
Flavoursome beef with udon noodles
I have a desire for starchy, warm, flavoursome food ….. aaarrrggg.
So today I just decided I would try and drown out this incessant need for comfort food.
I did and it was delicious !
Luckily my Bundle came over for dinner (phew). I fear I may have woofed the lot if I was on my own….. I KNOW – not good
Look at these lovely ingredients.
So fresh, so good!
So how do you cook Beef & Mushroom Udon Noodles?
This recipe is quick, very easy and extremely tasty! All cooked on the hob!
No need to turn the oven on!
And it’s a total meal no need for any accompaniments 🙂 but you could if you liked
So what exactly are Udon noodles?
Well firstly they are a Japanese favorite.
They are plump noodles and they have a distinct chewy texture.
The traditional way to knead the dough to make udon noodles requires your feet! Really, it’s a genius idea.
You use your feet and your body weight to do the kneading instead of tiring out your arm muscles.
Don’t worry, you place the dough in a plastic bag, and cover that with a towel and then you knead the dough with your tootsies.
These fresh noodles are made using just flour, sea salt and water, but they can be fiddly and difficult to make just right. So luckily you can also buy dried udon noodles.
If you choose to use dried or freshly made noodles, udon noodles can be served hot or cold.
These Asian noodles are often prepared and served in hot broth or stir fried
(When cold, they accompany grated vegetables along with a dipping sauce).
I hope you make and enjoy this Noodle dish and if you do please comment below!
I so love to hear you comments, really I do!
What does Beef Udon Stir Fry taste like?
I love this dish and it sort of has a sweet and savoury taste made with soy sauces, sugar and Japanese mirin. Loaded with juicy tender beef steak, crisp vegetables and thick chewy udon noodles.
It’s quick and light, fills those bellies and there’s something about noodles that’s comfotting and satisfying
I found that this dish is almost ageless to both kids and adults alike love it
Noodle Dinner in 30 minutes
This udon noodle dish is a recipe I love as it takes 30 m minutes start to finish, including the prep.
Perfect for midweek suppers
Go on give it a go!
Other noodle yumminess
Also if you like these noodles have a look at my chicken noodle recipe too it also has courgetti.
Another beef strip recipe
And it you love strips of beef and all that meaty yumminess, I think you’d also love my Steak Strips n’ posh Gravy recipe
Look nat it 🙂
I’m sure you’ll love it, let me know
The Easy Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Oh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Easy Beef Udon Noodles & Shiitake Mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil or fry lite
- 300 g Rump steak fat trimmed sliced thinly - approx. 2-3 mm
- 1 Garlic clove peeled and very finely chopped
- Fresh Ginger 2cm piece peeled and chopped finely
- 1 Yellow Pepper cut into matchstick sized pieces
- 1 box shitake Mushrooms roughly chopped (not too small)
- Bunch Spring Onions 6 - chopped into 1 cm pieces
- Salt & Black Pepper - to season
- 300 g Chilled udon Noodles not dried I used the straight to wok ones
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Half a Lime - squeezed
- Hand full of chopped fresh corriander
- In a wok or large frying pan add the olive oil (or fry lite), when hot add the steak, garlic and ginger, fry off for 3-5 minutes until cooked - not red (but not over cooked).
- Pop the beef in a warm place
- Then in the same frying pan, add the peppers, spring onions and mushrooms and fry off for 5 minutes until soft- season with salt and Black pepper
- Throw in the noodles and fry for a further 3 minutes until hot
- Add the beef back to the pan together with the Soy Sauce and lime juice stir and heat for a couple of minutes
- Finally throw in the coriander and serve on hot plate
- Get tucked in and enjoy