Easy Minestrone Soup!
Let’s Do this! Let’s get those veggies in with this Easy Minestrone Soup!
So first up Easy peasy lemon squeezy Easy Minestrone Soup – get those veggies in!
We need to make a big batch of this – loads of veggies and very filling, not creamy but super tasty!
It’s cold today!
Minestrone Soup is a traditional and classic Italian soup that is , super healthy, filling and perfect for lunch or dinner on a cold day.
It’s an easy homemade soup that is packed with flavour and a family favourite in our house.
The best Minestrone Soup recipe ever 🙂
For me this is the best Minestrone Soup Recipe eva!
Look at all those fresh vegetables
Packed with flavour and so filling!
Minestrone Soup Recipe
Just look at all those vegetables it’s packed with fibre and nutrients – yum
See the full repine card at the bottom – but you simply just dry fry your veggies for 5 minutes
Add your tomatoes and liquids etc
Simmer for 8-10 minutes
Then pop in your soup pasta and simmer until tender and that’s it
Just look at it!
Minestrone Soup recipe Top Tips
I will be having this for lunches and will pop at least 3 portions in the freezer for those days where I need some warm filling food! #HEALTHY
It’s also a great one to make with those left over ‘fridge vegetables’ you know the ones I mean, lurking at the bottom of your salad and veggie draws.
And heading for the bin in a few days
To Serve your Minestrone Soup
I tend to serve in a lovely big bowl on it’s own – occasionally I sprinkle the soup with Parmesan too (not vegetarians)
But my kids love it with a big chunk of fresh bread – simply buttered or toasted and sometimes with cheese on toast if they are really really hungry
Can I freeze my Minestrone Soup?
Freezing it is also easy and I tend to do this and it’s great for a work lunch in the office or at home.
I do feel a bit smug when I pitch up at the microwave with my homemade soup and everyone say – that smells amazing!
And do you know it’s so much cheaper to make your own that buy those chilled ones!
It’s so tasty and so easy – a meal in a bowl and it’s so good for you…. it’ll keep that tummy full of all the good stuff!
Have a go and let me know how you get on and please do drop me a comment below, I do so love receiving your comments xxx
Other Easy Soup Recipes
Soups – I have loads of them!
I’ve mentioned a couple below but if you write ‘soup’ in the search box and hit go!
You’ll find them all 🙂
And if you like this soup then I think you’ll also love my Spring Vegetable Soup why not go have a look. I do have a lot of soup recipes as I so love soup!
Oh and if you are being super good and following the Slimming Program then have a look at my Roasted Butternut Squash & Tomato soup!
It’s sweet garlicky and free!!
And another classic Soup recipe
If you love soup you’ll probably love Leek & Potato so maybe chech mine out
My recipe adds a little smoked bacon which adds a hint of smoke flavour to the overall soup – delicious
The Slimming Group
I have a closed group on Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested called Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
Thanks, big love
Easy Minestrone Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil / or Frylite if you're being super good
- 3 sticks Celery chopped into small pieces
- 2 Small red onions or 1 large peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 leek or 6 baby leeks peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 large or 2 small potatoes peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 - 2 Cloves garlic peeled and crushed ot chopped very finely
- Handful of green beans chopped into small lengths (I forgot to buy mine 🙂 )
- 100 g mushrooms chopped into small pieces
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes or I used tinned cherry tomatoes 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/4 pints water - with 1 Vegeable stock cube crumbled in it
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato puree
- 50 g Dried Soup pasta or any small pasta
- Handful torn basil leaves or any other herbs you fancy
- Salt & Black pepper
- In a large saucepan add the olive oil - place on a high heat on the hob
- Add all the veggies and garlic, except the chopped tomatoes and herbs
- Fry for approx 5 minutes, stirring
- Next add the tin of chopped tomatoes, fresh cherry tomatoes and tomato paste
- Then add the stock
- Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for approx. 8-10 minutes
- Then tip in the soup pasta and simmer for 8 minutes or until soft
- Finally add the herbs - stir and season to taste If your soup is thick (it will thicken on cooling) simply add some more water
- Dig in and enjoy! AND no you don't need that bread 🙂