Spring Vegetable Soup
This is such a tasty filling vegetable soup, however what’s great is is also quite light! No cream in sight in this easy Spring Vegetable Soup!
When I make it I tend to make a big batch I then freeze it in portions.
I can then take it to work for lunch at my desk! It so beats a sandwich, filling and full of those all important vegetables.
I sometimes eat in with a granary roll, or crisp-breads – yum
Five a day is the aim the NHS suggests this, however recently, I’ve heard it’s even higher?
Well this soup will certainly help get the fibre in.
It also tastes really good too – it’s easypesylemonsqueezy and there are 10 different veggies in the recipe
- white onion
- spring onions
- green beans
See 10!! Now that’s a lot!
Ingredients for your vegetable soup
How lovely and fresh do all those vegetables look?
Yes there’s a bit of peeling and chopping but trust me it’s such a good soup
Feel free to play around with it, I’m sure there are more that would work well?
All the recipe ingredients are listed at the bottom of this post together with the easy method
Enjoy and let me know if you try this vegetable soup and leave me a comment if you do
Other Healthy Soups
One of my other fave soups is my Roasted Butternut Squash one go have a look!
Another one is my lovely simple Minestrone Soup
Again packed with veggies
I have a closed group on Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested called Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes.
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
It’s full of lovely ideas!
I never compromise on flavour and always use fresh produce – not funny fancy ingredients
Easy Spring Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil / or fry light - 1 cal spray
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 leeks sliced into 1cm slices
- 100 g button mushrooms halved
- 1 large potato peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots sliced into rounds - thinly
- 3 sticks celery chopped into 1cm slices
- 1 bunch spring onions chopped into 2cm pieces
- 100 g green beans sliced
- 2 vegetable stock cubes 2 Pints water
- 2 courgettes sliced in 1cm rounds
- 100 g asparagus chopped into 2cm pieces
- 60 g spaghetti broken into approx. 4cm pieces
- In a large pan add the olive oil and garlic, together with the onion, leeks, celery, spring onions & mushrooms. Fry for 10 minutes stirring.
- Next add potato, carrots, beans and continue frying for 5 minutes.
- Make the stock by adding the cubes to 2 pints boiling water. Add this vegetable stock to the pan, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Then add the courgettes, asparagus and broken spaghetti, simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the veg are tender and the spaghetti is soft.