Healthy Creamy Vegetable Soup
When I’m on a quest to be super healthy (see what I did there??) There is nothing I crave more than a filling warm big bowl of chunky Healthy Creamy Vegetable Soup.
So here’s my take on Healthy Creamy Vegetable Soup slimming style
Free Creamy Vegetable soup?? Why?
I’ve seen many many Slimming Recipes for Vegetable Soup – all desperate to be Free.
BUT and here it is; why be so low or free when using a slimmed milk makes the most creamy filling and satisfying soup ever!! I just don’t get it? Why not add slimmed milk rather than not?
It makes sooooo much differance and gives it it’s creamy texture.
Surely it’s better to eat amazing tasty filling soup than it is to not enjoy it as much and make it free. Anyway maybe that’s just me?
I tend to only blend half the soup and leave some of the veg whole. I’m sure it fills me up more?
This is such a satisfying soup I don’t even need bread with it if I’m having it for lunch!
Batch Cooking Healthy Vegetable Soup?
Here’s my work lunch and some for the freezer too! I tend to double up!!
Can I freeze my Healthy Creamy Vegetable Soup?
Yes you can 🙂
It freezes perfectly either in those zip lockable bags, or just tubs you already have (see mine!)
I’d say 1-2 Months in the freezer – well packaged is fine
Get those Healthy Veggies in!
Soups are a great way to get those veggies in! Don’t feel limited to the veggies I’ve used, you could add celery, swede – whatever you like really!
Also a tip from me. Get the kids eating soup!! It’s such a master stroke to get all those nutrients inside. Why not ask them to help too?
Also it works perfectly fine with those veggies in the fridge that have possibly seen better days.
You know those lurking!! That’s why I sometimes call this my ‘fridge soup’
So please have a go at my Healthy Creamy Vegetable Soup SW style and let me know what you think!
And please feel free to add a little more water at the end, I like my soup fairy thick but there are no issues at all with diluting a little!
Other Slimming/Healthy Soups
If you love this soup I think you might also like my Roasted Butternut Squash and Tomato soup have a look at those colours!
Curried Parsnip Soup – As you can probably tell I love Soup – this is a delicious and warming Curried Parsnip Soup (healthy too)
This hearty Healthy Cream Vegetable Soup is a recipe that’s perfect for the whole family, slimming or not!!
Now that’s a result!
Why the hell would you want to cook twice?!
The Slimming Group
I have a closed group on Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested called Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
Healthy Vegetable Soup Creamy
- Fry Light
- 1 Onion peeled and chopped (chunky)
- 1 Clove Garlic finely chopped
- 1 large Leek chopped into 1cm rounds
- 100 g mushrooms sliced
- 2 large Carrots peeled and chopped
- 200 g Potatoes peeled and in chunks
- 1/2 head Cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 pt Cold Water
- 1/2 Pt Skimmed Milk
- 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
- Handful Green Beans
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Get yourself a large saucepan - I use the bottom of my steamer
- Spray with fry light and place on a high heat
- Add your Onions, garlic and lets and fry for 5 minutes, stirring often
- Next add your mushrooms, carrots, potatoes and cauliflower florets
- Then add your water and skimmed milk, crumble your stock codes and stir
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes
- Finally add your green beans and salt and pepper
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes until all your vegetables are soft
- Then carefully remove half your veggies and using a stick blender (or blender) blend your soup
- Add your vegetables back and stir
- Taste and adjust the seasoning