Smoked Bacon & Mushroom Filo Tartlets
I’m being really #HEALTHYEPLS but fancied doing a bake. So I trotted off to the supermarket and bought the ingredients and developed these Smoked Bacon, Mushroom Filo Tartlets.
I’m all for healthy eating, however for me it still has to taste ace!
In my view there is no point in eating bland boring stuff. If you’re going to eat it then I say you should enjoy it!
So these little beauties are obviously a take on the traditional Cheese & Bacon Quiche, but a lighter version.
So I can’t have shortcrust pastry etc. at the moment.
So I thought about it and did a bit of research and found that filo pastry is really low and goes a long long way.
I made mine in tartlet tins.
I think they would be great in a muffin tin too and they would probably be a little smaller so the Weightwatchers smart points might be a little lower too).
So these four Smoked bacon, Mushroom & Filo tartlets are:
1.5 Syns if you use some of your HA
4 Weightwatchers Smart Points each and let me tell you that’s low.
BUT they are also full of tasty goodness like eggs, cheese, bacon and mushrooms.
Perfect! No compromise on flavour! Yey!
To serve your Filo Tarts
I think they would be amazing in the summer time for lunch outside, warm with a lovely big salad and maybe some home made coleslaw or potato salad, clearly with a nice glass of something fizzy and cold 🙂
They would also be ace in pack-up’s or for picnics)
Alternatively with baked beans (chips – eeek dare I say it – no issue if SW chips ) as a lovely quick tea.
I’m sure the kids would love them too.
So go on give these Smoked Bacon, Mushroom & Filo Tartlets a go.
And don’t forget perfect at Christmas time too when you have to feed the masses.
If you have a go at these Smoked Bacon, Mushroom & Filo Tartlets do drop me a comment below the post, I’d love to hear what you think
I so love your comments (or questions if you have any)
Can you Freeze Filo Tarts?
The are always best eaten fresh to be honest
However yes you can for up to a month wrapped carefully and in an airtight container
Filo pasty is very delicate so please be careful not to break it up
Other Filo Recipes
Oh and if you like these then I have a lovely Asparagus & New Potato Tart too, have a look
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes – come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promiseOh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Dinners under 500 Cals
And if you are looking for a hands collection of dinners under 500 cals then look no further
Bacon & Mushroom Filo Tartlets
- 40 g 2-3 sheets Filo Pastry
- Spraylite Oil 1 cal spray
- 4 Smoked Bacon Medallions cut into small pieces
- Handful Button mushrooms sliced
- 2 Medium Free-Range eggs
- 1/4 pt Skimmed Milk
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 40 g 1/2 Fat Strong Cheese 10g per tartlet
- Chives parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C /350F /Gas4
- Spray your tart tins / muffin tin with fry lite spray
- Next take a sheet of filo pastry and cut it into approx 6 squares, depends on the size of your filo sheet (approx 8cm ish square)
- For each tartlet layer up 3 squares Filo - at varying angles - spraying between each layer with spray lite, be careful it's fragile and you don't want your filling leaking out! (any less than 3 the tarts aren't sturdy enough to hold the filling)
- Next dry fry your bacon and mushrooms in a pan until golden, divide into 4 portions and pop a 1/4 of the bacon & mushroom mix in each case
- In a measuring jug, beat your eggs and milk together and season
- Pour the egg mixture into the tartlets, evenly distributed between the 4 tartlets
- Top each tartlet with 10g cheese Add a quick spray of frylite and bake in the oven, top shelf for 30-35 minutes - until firm and golden