Courgetti with Bacon, Pine-nuts and Peas
New Start! Yes? Well this Courgetti with Bacon, Pine-nuts and Peas might just help! 🙂
I was very sceptical about ‘Courgetti’ and the hype that surrounds it, I make no secret of that!
However I have mellowed as I’m really trying to cut down the carbs, but it’s still not spaghetti for heavens sake it’s just ribboned courgettes!
But it’s still so good and I was really really so pleased with the results!
Also did you know that courgettes are know as zucchini in the US – just in case you wondered
So here’s my second courgetti recipe this time with bacon
it’s amazing that the brain can actually think it’s spaghetti!! and mine did almost.
I have been trying to decide for a while if to buy one of those ‘spririlizers’ but alas no need quite yet – it’s everywhere in the supermarkets.
So here we have a Bacon, Pine-nuts and Peas variation.
I so love this recipe – super tasty! and I know many of you love it too.
Spiralizers for making your courgetti
I’ve been looking around at ‘spiralizers’ and here’s a couple I can recommend, the bottom one from Joseph Joseph is amazing
I’ll do a live video when I get a chance.
What I do like about making my own courgetti is that it’s dryer and fresher than the shop bought courgetti! :
Look at the picture – no soggy here:
Let me know if you’ve found any good ‘spiralizers’
Please have a try and let me know what you think to my Courgetti with Bacon, Pine-nuts and Peas.
Drop me a comment below, I do so love to have your comments. If you like this recipe you’ll also probably like my Courgetti with Chicken and pesto
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
Courgetti with Bacon, Pine-nuts & Peas
- Fry light or drizzle of Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic peeled & finely chopped
- 4 rashers of Smoked Bacon or 6 Smoked Bacon Medallions cut into small pieces
- 75 g Pine-nuts
- 150 g Frozen Peas
- 250 g Courgetti
- Handful torn Basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Creme Fraiche 1/2 fat
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a small frying pan add frylite or Olive oil and heat
- Add the chopped bacon and garlic, fry for a few minutes until brown, throw in the pine-nuts and keep stirring until nuts are also golden brown, remove from the heat and pop on one side
- In a sauce pan add a spray of fry light and the frozen peas, fry for 2 minutes until defrosted, add the torn basil leaves and courgetti.
- Stir fry for MAXIMUM 2 minutes - DO NOT OVERCOOK the courgetti - you will end up with a soggy mess
- Add the Creme Fraise to the courgetti mix and give a quick stir heating through - maximum 1 minute, remove from the heat
- Add half the bacon & pine-nut mix and stir
- Pile on a warm plate, throw the remaining bacon & pine-nuts over the top and a quick grating of Parmesan and black pepper