Easy Sliming Cottage Pie
Here’s my Easy Cottage Pie Slimming version
So I wanted to make the tastiest ever Cottage Pie and I wanted to make it fit for the Sliming World regime!
I set to and developed a recipe and packed in heaps of veggies.It consists of 5% Lean Minced Beef and a whole host of other stuff stuffed into a pie!
So here it is – EPLS Cottage Pie Slimming styleeeeee…
I have to say it’s super tasty and has every vegetable going from , onions, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, broccoli, potatoes and sweet potatoes!
It would also have had leeks but somehow or other I lost the leeks on the way home from the supermarket?
Not sure how that happened – too funny!
So you can make ahead and serve with even more speed food and you’re away!
I usually do peas, sweetcorn, green beans – yum! (Actually you could serve with baked beans if you’re really hungry?)
Free Cottage Pie
It’s Syn free which matters for Slimming people.
But really it doesn’t matter as it’s a stand alone, deliciously healthy dinner! I promise…
This Cottage pie is so easy to make, you just need a little time. I actively encourage you to make double the portion and make up some meals and freeze in portions before bake.
That way you can grab one out the freezer in the morning and bang it in the oven when you get in from work, school or wherever!
Then you have a delicious on-plan supper – just like that!
You can also just make the bolognaise and freeze than.
You can then use it for a whole host of recipes, Spaghetti bolognaise or add Chilli flakes and kidney beans for a lovely Chilli Con Carne
Popping Broccoli in adds that extra layer of speed food
And a topping of potato & sweet potato – so good!
Other Slimming Recipes
How about my slimming meatballs?
I have some other Slimming Recipes on the way.
In the meantime here’s my Famous Easy Dirty Rice EPLS style and ZERO sync!!
So good luck guys and remember get your veggies in! And in your kids too
I’d love to know what you think, please drop me a comment and I’d love it if you shared on any of my Social Media Channels
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Healthy Love Clare x
Cottage Pie Slimming
Cottage Pie Slimming Styleeeee
- Fry Lite 2
- 750 g Extra Lean Minced Beef below 5% fat
- 2 White Onions peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 200-250 g Mushrooms sliced
- Carrots grated
- 2 Beef Oxo Cubes
- 2 teaspoons Dried Herbs
- Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- Large Head of Broccoli broken into florets
- 750 g White Potatoes peeled & chopped into large chunks
- 250 g Sweet Potatoes peeled & chopped into chunks
- Splash of Skimmed Milk
- In a large non stick frying pan, or ovenproof dish suitable to go on the hob too, spray the surface with fry lite.
- Next add the minced beef, diced onion, garlic and fry until brown for approximately 10 minutes
- Next add the grated carrot, mushrooms and crumbled OXO cubes, fry for a further 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the chopped tomatoes, then fill the tin with water and add that too. Finally season and add the dried herbst)
- At this point you can either, pop the lid on and bang in a medium oven for an hour, or leave gently simmering on the top for an hour (the mince will then be lovely and soft
- Whilst the mince is in the oven, boil the potatoes and sweet potatoes until soft- in the same pan for approx 20 minutes
- Steam the broccoli onto of the potatoes, if you have a steamer, otherwise boil for 10-15 minutes (set aside)
- When the potatoes are tender, mash with a splash of milk and season with salt & black pepper (set aside)
- When the mince is cooked, remove from the oven, tip into (careful it's hot) your pie dish / or individual trays
- Pop the broccoli on top and finally the mashed potatoes
- Make a nice pattern on the potato topping with a spoon or fork (why not 🙂 )
- When you are ready for the pie, bake in a preheated oven at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 40-45 minutes
- Check it's piping hot and serve accordingly - enjoy!