Easy Chicken Tray Bake – Slimming Style
Oh I love a chicken tray bake and I also love a Sunday Roast too! An Easy Sunday Dinner
(add in there a massive LAZY, QUICK and SIMPLE too) and not just on a Sunday.
I also like time to do other things. (Especially now I’m on my own and not feeding the masses as I used to).
When I was a kid, I remember my mum would spend hours (hours) on a Sunday cooking the roast.
I just don’t have the time.
However I do love and actually need that Sunday style lunch or supper. It’s the law in my house
So a Roast Sunday dinner tray bake – winning!!
Slimming & Healthy Chicken Tray Bake
Oh and don’t forget it’s also super healthy too!
I’m trying so hard to be super good and this, let me tell you is delicious as well as nutritious and perfect for the whole family
If you use fry light you’re winning if you’re on a slimming regime! If I’m being super good I miss out the sausages all together
Easy Sunday Dinner Tray Bake:
Tips For your sheet-pan dinner
No 1 : All the same size – the most important tip
The key to baking all the ingredients together is making sure everything is sized accordingly, this is why the chicken breasts are halved , as are the new potatoes etc.
Wrapping the chicken with a sausage and then in bacon ensures the chicken remains moist and delicious!
Lovely Easy Sunday ChickenDinner
So today I had a bit of a play and managed to produce a lovely supper, I was really very happy.
Fifty minutes in the oven and hardly any washing up.
While it baked I watered the garden and blogged a bit.
What more could you ask for, I love a relaxed easy Sunday, do you?
What to serve with your Chicken Tray Bake
Before I served it I stir-fried some spring greens and made some gravy and that was that – perfect!
Or maybe steam some Brussel Sprouts?
Any green vegetable would be lovely as you already have so many vegetables on the tray bake
If you’re feeling extra indulgent how about an Easy Yorkshire Pudding on the side?
Have a go at this Easy Chicken Tray Bake Dinner?
So have a go peeps at this ultra Easy Sunday Dinner and let me know what you think, please drop me a comment below this post?
I’m sure you will love it, it’s also quick enough for a mid week supper?
And so healthy too! Loads of veggies! Use Fry Light and you’re away…
If you’re craving a full roast chicken then try my game changer of a traditional roast chicken
Other Tray bakes Dinners
I have loads of other traybake on Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy too, just use the search box and type ‘tray bakes.’
One of my faves is Sausage & Honey Tray Bake have a look.
I also have a lovely one with baked Beets & Sausages!!
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Easy Sunday Dinner - Slimming Style
- 2 Chicken breast fillets halved
- 4 Pork Chipolatas optional
- 4 Slices Smoked streaky bacon
- Small bag Jersey Royal New Potatoes halved
- 1 Large Parsnip - sliced length ways into 4 Large
- 6 small ish carrots - if not small slice lengthways
- 1 leeks cut into 2cm rounds
- 1/2 medium Cauliflower broken into large florets
- 1 lemon cut into 4
- Drizzle Olive Oil or spray of fry light
- Preheat oven 200C/400F/Gas6
- Find yourself a large baking tin
- Take each of the 4 chicken pieces and pop a sausage on top (optional)
- Use 1 rasher of streaky bacon for each piece and wrap around to secure sausage to chicken and pop these in the baking tray
- Now add all the vegetables to the baking tray followed by the lemon pieces and drizzle in Olive Oil
- Finally season with salt and pepper
- Bake in the centre of the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven stir around - pop back into the oven again Turn the oven up to 240C/475F/Gas9 and bake for a further 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven when golden brown and everything is tender Discard the lemon pieces and serve!
- I served mine with spring greens and gravy - so good