Sausage Tray Bake with Beetroot & Squash
Roasted With Sweet Potatoes & Parsnips – winter wonderland
I have developed this amazing, flavour packed, Sausage Tray Bake with Beetroot , Squash Sweet Potatoes , and parsnips & – all roasted is a single tray.
God I love a tray bake! and my word I also love Beetroot, do you? Something about the earthly flavour
So I wanted a nice recipe based on the lovely lovely Beetroot!
So it was born
Beetroot for roasting
AND Beets are amazingly good for you! Oh yes they are! Beetroot is a good source of iron and folate (naturally occurring folic acid).
It also contains nitrates, betaine, magnesium and other antioxidants (notably betacyanin).
More recent health claims suggest beetroot can help lower blood pressure, boost exercise performance and prevent dementia. So bring it on hey!
(I love beets with goats cheese too! Check out the salad recipe alone side this post!)
The easiest autumn dish eva!
Hearty, earthy beetroot with squash and sweet potatoes – This Sausage Tray Bake is quite simply delicious.
Then when you think it can’t get any better the lovely herbs and sausages bind this dish into a hearty meal. #nomnom
Other Tray Bake Ideas based on this recipe
I haven’t tried yet, but I guess also adding boneless lamb chops or pork fillet would also be amazing?!
And it’ s so easy, we love a tray bake – all in one pan. It’s such an easypeasylemonsqueezy dinner – have a go at this Lovely Sausage and beetroot traybake.
If you like it please do let me know what you think by dropping a comment below
I LOVE your comments
Other Sausage Tray Bake Recipes
If you like this recipe then I think you’d also love my Honey & Herb Sausage Bake
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Beetroot, Squash & Sausage Traybake
- 3 Small fresh beetroots or 2 larger ones peeled and chopped into 1/4's Drizzle
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil for SW Fry Light
- Salt and freshly ground Black pepper
- 3 Sweet Potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 large Red Onion peeled and chopped into 1/8's
- 1/2 large Butternut Squash peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks 2
- 2 c Parsnips peeled and cut into 4 longways
- Handful mixed fresh herbs chopped (Sage is lovely with this)
- Olive Oil
- 6 good quality Sausages Lincolnshire / equally I have used Hecks Chicken Italia ones too for SW 0.5 Syns each!
- Large Roasting tin
- Pre-heat your oven to 200F / 400F or Gas 6
- Place your chopped Beetroot chunks, Garlic and Olive oil into a plastic bag (I used a sandwich bags and coat the beetroot with the oil and garlic), then once coated, tip into a large roasting dish
- Next add the sweet potatoes chunks, onions, butternut squash chunks, parsnips and herbs Drizzle in a little Olive oil. (Or spray with Fry Light)
- Pop in the oven and bake for 20 minutes After 20 minutes stir and then pop the sausages on top and bake for a further 35-40 mins, until your sausages are cooked and your veggies tender
- Remove from the oven serve with greens or peas and hey presto dinner!!