Healthy Stuffed Jacket Potatoes – Slimming Style
Healthy Stuffed Jacket Potatoes (or JACK POT as Mrs Hinch would say) are the most perfect, quick, easy and get ahead supper you could ever wish to meet :-).
So whilst doing a sliming program I didn’t want to miss out. I LOVE a Jacket Potato 🙂
So I adapted my recipe and changed it up to fit the programme!
Love Potatoes – Love jacket potatoes
I just love potatoes, I guess I’m a carb queen and I have to say this is one of my favourite ways to eat potatoes.
Look let me just put it out there.
I LOVE potatoes, in any form whatsoever, I just cannot help it!
So here it is my lovely recipe – yum yum. Is this the best HEALTHY stuffed Jacket potatoes recipe?
Well I think so……
My Baked stuffed potatoes are made by baking potatoes, then removing the flesh and beating that with luscious ingredients like bacon and cheese.
You could also add cooked Skinny Sausages too! Very nice!
Then this mixture is piled back into the potato skins, and then baked until they are puffed and golden.
So so very good.
Proper comfort spuds – Twice Baked Potatoes
The deets for your stuffed or loaded Jacket Spuds
So let’s get to the nitty gritty:
- 3 Light Baby bells
- 3 Laughing Cow light Cheese Triangles
- 2 Tablespoons Smimmed Milk ?
approx 2 Syns per portion and 1/2 Healthy A
They are what I would call the perfect go to comfort food supper.
You know the one you can make ahead, go out, come home and bang in the oven for 30 minutes.
I have never come across anyone, kids or adults who don’t love these.
They are creamy, tasty and deliciously filling!
AND SO FLIPPING EASY PEASY LEMON SQUEEZY!
And you can stuff them with anything – the most versatile Potato get ahead dinner ever!
How to serve your stuffed potatoes?
So what to have with these wonderful Healthy Stuffed Jacket Potatoes.
In my pics you will see I love to serve with peas and mushrooms.
What I do here is dry fry the mushrooms until golden in fry light in a frying pan on the hob.
Then at the end I throw the garden peas in and fry for 3 minutes.
Hey presto – Delicious!!
Having said that they are equally good with Baked Beans (and my little nephew likes Tomato Sauce with them too, lots of it).
Served with baked beans they are the most perfect dish for Bonfire Night and Halloween!
They are also lovely with coleslaw and salad in the summer.
(I also tend to make them post Christmas with the left over cheese).
Please give them a try. I love to try and develop easy filling tasty suppers for you and your family.
I hope and I think this one certainly hits the spot! I’d love to know what you think!
They are also a really great midweek supper, make them at the weekend when the ovens on and either pop them in the fridge or freezer unbaked.
That way you get a wonderful relatively low cost supper, when you’re busy.
Such a great easy, healthy FAMILY supper!
Get Ahead Healthy Stuffed Jacket Potatoes
I also make a whole batch and freeze in 2’s, I simply pop then in freezer bags.
Sometimes I do leave the cheese of the top before freezing as it make the freezer a bit of a mess.
I tend to do the top grated cheese just before I bake
Then on the day you want them, in the morning remove from the freezer.
Leave to defrost and when you come home from work you can simply top with grated cheese and bang in a hot oven for 30 minutes !
And potatoes are a great source of fibre with their skins on as well as being naturally fat-free and Gluten free.
If you want more info of the nutritions then check out the information on Love Potatoes
If you love these I think you might also love my Pizza Chicken also lovely comfort food!
Other Healthy Jacket Potato filling ideas
Look at these little beauties
Healthy and fits the slimming programme
So cool – Jacket Potato Cottage Pies
Other tasty Slimming Recipes
I think if you like this lovely recipe you’ll also like my filling Peri Peri Chicken – so tasty!!
Why not have a look at how easy it is
The Easy Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested –
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Oh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Big Love Clare xx
Healthy Stuffed Jacket Potatoes
- 2 large Jacket Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Skimmed Milk
- 3 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles
- 4 Bacon Medalions
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Few Fresh Chives - sniped with scissors
- 3 Light Baby Bell Cheeses grated
- Preheat oven 190C / 375F / Gas 5
- Get your Potatoes in the oven and bake until soft inside and crispy outside - approx. 60-90 minute, depending on size
- Using the heat for the oven (why not) place your bacon medalions on a baking tray and bake until crispy (approx. 20 - 30 minutes)
- Remove bacon and leave to cool slightly. I cut my bacon up with kitchen scissors into 1cm square pieces, put on one side
- When your potatoes are done - remove from oven and slice longways in half (careful very hot) scoop out the potato inside using a teaspoon and place in a bowl ( keeping the skins on one side)
- Mash the potato with a fork, add the milk and the laughing Cow Light mix until smooth
- Add the bacon pieces , salt & black pepper, finally add the snipped chives and mix well
- Then fill the skins with the potato mixture using a teaspoon, then sprinkle with the grated Light Baby Bells
- Place in an ovenproof dish and bake at 200C/400F/ Gas 6 until golden (approx. 25 -30 minutes)
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with a few more chives
- Serve with beans, or peas and mushrooms and enjoy