Tasty Healthy Dinner – Lime Chicken!
This Lime Chicken with Sweetcorn & Avocado Salsa is a really delicious and really easy dish.
I think sometimes we complicate recipes when there really is no need to at all!
I think fundamentally that’s what good simple food is all about.
This dish is one of my personal favourites! If you come for dinner at my house, this is likely what you’ll get served :-).
So far no complaints!
Lime Chicken, easy chicken supper
For a long time I’d been racking my brain for a new #HEALTHYEPLS dinner.
One that’s super tasty and super easy.
The salsa is good enough on it’s own!!! Look at those colours!
And don’t forget that coriander – I blarrrrrdy love it!
If you see recipes in other places they may say cilantro – it’s just the American word for the same thing 🙂
This dish is also protein packed with the chicken, low carb and low fat or at least VERY good fat.
Lime Chicken Marinade
Basically you marinade your chicken thighs or breasts with lime juice, lime zest, garlic, chilli, olive oil salt & pepper.
Cover and leave in the fridge for however long you like (minimum an hour I’d say
So much flavour, light garlicky and citrusy with a little warmth form the chilli
What more could you want from your Chicken dinner?
It’s also very pretty – it has ALL the colours and that is a sign of a good dinner! (no brown food here 🙂 )
And a big change and very different frorm Lemon Chicken….
I’ve also been desperate for something filling but not heavy with a touch of spice!
So here goes… I hope you enjoy it as much as we did
He-Who-Doesn’t-Cook gave it the big thumbs up and that’s saying something!
If it’s not enough for you as a dinner, maybe served it with sweet potato wedges or fries, goes really really well with this dish!
Perfect Lime Chicken for summer suppers or entertaining
What’s especially nice about this dish is you can add a little or a lot of chilli depending on your taste.
You can also leave the chicken breasts/ thighs marinating in the fridge for an hour or for five hours.
It really is totally up to you. (I also think the salsa would be really good with a little fresh mango in it?)
The decision between thighs or breasts is a personal one. I’ve made it with both many times.
Today I’d say thighs are my favourite, maybe a little more flavour?
Anyhow – I’ll leave that one for you to decide.
Other citrus Chicken Dinners
I have a lot (and I mean a lot) of Chicken dinner recipes on my blog, it seems to be my go to, yours too?
If you like this Lime Chicken dish then I’m sure you’ll also love my Lemon Chicken recipe to, go check it out!
And just use the search bar and hit ‘chicken’ you’ll see a lot of recipes
Have a go at this little beauty.
Let me know what you think, just leave me a comment below, I LOVE your comments
Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
- 2 Chicken breast fillets skinless
- 2 Limes - juice and zest
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Sprinkling seasalt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic crushed and chopped very finely
- 1 small tin Sweetcorn
- 16-20 Cherry Tomatoes chopped into quarters
- 1 small red Onion chopped finely
- 1/4 cucumber chopped
- Big handful chopped Coriander
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Fresh Red Chilli - chopped very finely or more if you like it spicy
- 1 Avocado - peeled - stone removed and chopped
- Squeeze lime juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- You will need a sealable plastic bag - sandwich bag will do
- Hammer out you chicken breasts until they are no more than 2cm thick - I use a rolling pin
- In a small bowl mix the lime juice & zest , olive oil, sea salt & black pepper and the garlic
- Pop the chicken breasts in the plastic bag followed by the lime juice mix
- Seal the bag and rub the marinade into the chicken breasts.
- Pop in the fridge for min 1 hour max 5 hours
- In the meantime make the Salsa by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl, stir well
- When the chicken has marinated, remove the breasts from the plastic bag and pop under a very hot grill.
- Grill for 15 minutes - turn over and grill for a further 15 minutes, you need colour (do not burn - simply turn the grill down).
- Once they are ready (check they are cooked through NO PINK bits!!!! - VERY important)
- Serve with the salsa and a wedge of lime (squeeze over the chicken) - enjoy! (if you want it a little 'wetter - drizzle a tad of olive oil over the chicken as well)