Perfect Easy Chicken Goujons!
Perfect and super Easy Chicken Goujons (or if you like chicken strips!)
What a great way to use chicken breasts for a really lovely easy supper!
A naughty nugget style dish turned #Healthy Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy style.
The kids really love chicken nuggets – there are more strips and so much better than the frozen ones, or the ones from takeout places.
With these you know what’s in them.
Pure breast meat …. boom!
So what exactly are chicken Goujons?
Chicken fingers, also known as chicken tenders, chicken goujons, chicken strips, tendies or chicken fillets, are chicken meat prepared from the pectoralis minor muscles of the animal.
These strips of white meat are located on either side of the breastbone, under the breast meat. Wikipedia
So now you know?
Baked not Fried Chicken Goujons
They are baked in the oven and not fried – so everyones a winner!
No smelly frying in the kitchen and super healthy for the family
The kids go wild for these! Dunked in mayo or ketchup – so blaaaardy lovely
How do you make Easy Chicken Goujons?
It really couldn’t be more simple
- Chicken breast strips
- Seasoned Breadcrumbs
Breaded Easy Chicken Goujons
And they are baked not fried
Winner winner Chicken Dinner!
These lovely Chicken tenders are just so good!
Little kids and big kids adore them, me included!
To serve your Easy Chicken Strips
Have a go it’s such a lovely supper I usually served with Baked beans
Sometimes also with peas and new potatoes or mashed potatoes
Now that looks good doesn’t it
Just a squirt of ketchup required! The kids love them!!
I’ve also served them in wraps with salad – also really tasty and a lovely supper
Can you eat chicken goujons cold?
These chicken strips once baked can be cooled and popped in the fridge.
They can then be eaten cold or popped in a lunch box – delicious
Always be careful to keep them cold in the fridge, until you eat them
The alternatives are endless!
Let me know how you get on, please leave me a comment below the recipe
I do so love to receive your comments – go on have a go?!
Another goujon style recipe
If you love the idea of these healthy baked chicken goujons I’m guess you might like their Finger finger (ish) sister Oat coated Fish Fingers
They kids with love them and it’s a way to get some whole grains in them and the recipe is so easy. maybe you can get them to make them too
Other Kids Ideas!
These Pizza Faces are delicious and super tasty – get the kids to make them!
Big Love Clare x
Easy Chicken Goujons!
- 4 slices old bread whizzed into breadcrumbs (or grated)
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 garlic clove very finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Parmesan finely grated
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped fresh herbs- any
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 3 Chicken breasts fillets - slices into approx. 5 strips
- Olive Oil or Fry light
- Pre-heat your oven to 220C/gas 7/425F
- Prepare a baking tray by covering in foil or straight onto tray - you might want a spray of oil to stop them sticking
- In a bowl mix your breadcrumbs and mix with the Garlic, grated Parmesan, herbs and freshly chopped fresh herbs
- In another bowl beat your egg
- Put your chicken strips in another bowl
- So now you have 3 bowls lined up
- Take a strip of raw chicken, dip it in the egg, then into the breadcrumb mix - then onto your baking tray
- Repeat until all strips are covered
- Drizzle with olive oil, or spray with Fry Light
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown
- Serve with crushed new potatoes and peas, or they are fab in a sarnie with spinach and mayo!