Philadelphia Chicken – (Philly Chicken)
Philadelphia Stuffed Chicken (Philly – shortened) is the perfect go to recipe!
It’s delicious and so easy! Delicious soft chicken breasts, stuffed with cream cheese, baked with cherry tomatoes and spinach and topped with crispy homemade bread crumbs
It’s sort of self saucing. And a one pot wonder!
And boy it’s a lovely sauce, sweet and garlicky
Easy Chicken Dinner
You know those evenings when you think, oh what should I do for dinner (?)
Well this is it!
Chicken is my go to, is it yours?
Philadelphia Cream Cheese Chicken Recipe
You’ll see so many recipes on Easy Peasy that are chicken based, it’s just so versatile!
This is a cracker of a recipe, trust me…..
So easy, so simple, please just have a go!
I’m hoping you’ve probably got most of the ingredients in the fridge, freezer and cupboard.
In this house it’s such a favourite.
And you simply just bang it in the oven! Ta-Dah
One pot Chicken Philadelphia Dinner
We all love a one pot wonder don’t we. This is such a crowd pleaser I’m sure it will become a regular on your dining table
Perfect Texture & Flavour with this Philadelphia Chicken Bake
The creaminess of the philly and the crunch of the breadcrumbs is yummy!
It also has a sweetness to it from the cherry tomatoes and garlicky yumminess, plus the chicken stays super moist….
I know many many people have added other veggies too with great success
Such as mushrooms, broccoli, sweetcorn etc
Have a go – try it 🙂
Philadelphia Chicken a firm crowd pleaser and so simple
We all love Philadelphia Cheese recipes don’t we, and it doesn’t have to be Philadelphia any soft mild cheese spread?
I love to use it in pasta dishes too.
I find that using the light or the extra light versions help me keep the calories lower and also the fat.
And it still works really well with the low fat versions
What to serve your Philadelphia Chicken dinner
I usually serve mine with new potatoes and peas.
But it would also be great with a salad.
Or why not just a big plate of veggies
Or maybe even with a small portion of pasta, the sauce works really well with pasta
Winner Winner Chicken Philadelphia Dinner!
As they say Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.
I have loads of great chicken recipes on here, just use the search box.
Other lovely easy Chicken Dinners
One I really love is my Lime Chicken with avocado salsa go and have a look!
The recipe is so tasty and so fresh!
I make this Philly Chicken and my Lime chicken all the time!
So easy, chicken is so flipping versatile…
I’ve already said this but chicken is hands down my go to supper.
I eat so much of it! 🙂
Chicken – Nutrition
The good thing is that Chicken is an excellent source of niacin and very good source of protein and selenium. It is also a good source of protein, selenium, vitamin B6, and phosphorus. And low in fat!
It is also a good source of choline, pantothenic acid and vitamin B12.
So I’m sold!
If you do try this Philadelphia Stuffed Chicken please drop me a comment below the recipe I do love to receive your comments
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks
Oh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Thanks Clare X
Philadelphia Chicken (Philly Chicken)
- 2 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- Olive oil
- Salt & Freshly ground Black pepper
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese - 1 Tablespoon per chicken breast - I use the light herb and garlic one
- Cherry Tomatoes - box or however many you have
- Handful Spinach
- Breadcrumbs - old bread just crumbled for 2 breasts I use 3 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan or any cheese
- 2 Slices Bacon cut into small pieces
- Pre-heat oven 200C/400F/Gas 6
- Cut open the chicken breasts and lay flat (do not cut THROUGH the breasts)
- Drizzle with Olive Oil and season well
- Add the tablespoon of Phili down the centre then fold over and place in an oven proof dish, fold side down
- Scatter the spinich around the chicken and chuck on the Cherry Tomatoes - drizzle in Olive oil
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan and salt & pepper. Sprinkle over the chicken breasts, pressing the breadcrumbs down
- Finally scatter over bacon pieces
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minute
- It’s yum- the sweetness of the tomatoes with the garlic and cream cheese - self saucing - yummy!!!!