Easy Hunters Chicken
So here we have Easy Hunters Chicken – Slimming Style! Do you remember it? It’s a bit retro
Chicken, Bacon, BBQ Sauce and Cheese, remember? It’s actually so good! So I thought I’d have a go at making it a little heavier but still bursting with flavour.
A wholesome family supper that everyone will like 🙂
Healthy Chicken dinners
I have developed some really tasty easy and healthy dinners recently and I’ve lost almost 2 stone over a 6 month period! (I’m a bit shocked too 😉 )
And now it’s time for a couple of new recipes to add to my weekly collection. More often than not I turn to chicken!
I love it and it’s so versatile and really lean
I need to eat Healthy Slimming style meals and I refuse to eat rubbish and it has to taste good!
Losing a few more pounds over the next 6 months is also an aim for this year 🙂
I simply just want to be healthier!
Back on it- Slimming Style!
So I’m back on it, back to the regime!
I’ve felt pretty out of control of late and I’m looking forward to feeling better and nourished again.
All without indigestion.
It’s amazing how when you eat healthily for 6 months and then have 2-3 weeks off you suddenly feel rubbish!
So I want to feel good again!
I want to eat easy healthy food made from scratch.
All without sacrificing flavour.
And this healthy Hinters chicken recipe ticks all the boxes I think!v
New Easy Chicken Hunters Chicken Recipe
With this new Easy Hunters Chicken dish I think I’ve done it!
So delicious and bursting with flavour!
What is Hunters Chicken?
So what actually is Hunters Chicken?
I remember it from years and years ago and I know it’s a combination of Chicken, Bacon, BBQ Sauce and Cheese.
Sounds good hey?!
So I set to and tried to develop a slimming version – cooked from scratch!
And it worked! And it’s easy….
How to make Hunters Chicken – Sauce?
Basically you just make your sauce in a slimming way!
Low fat cooking spray, onions, garlic, BBQ seasoning, tomatoes and blend!! Ta Dah!
The full details are below however please trust me it is very easy!
Look at all those lovely colours!!!
Surprise Easy Hunters Chicken….
And there’s a surprise 🙂
Inside the Chicken breast fillet you put a halved Baby Bell Cheese and when you cut into it, cheese oozes out!! Genius and it feels really decadent lol!!!
Equipment for your Retro Hunters Chicken
To be honest you don’t really need anything out of the ordinary, just:
- a non stick frying pan,
- an oven proof dish
- a stick blender or general blender
and that’s about it!!
Oh apart from foil 🙂
What to Serve your Easy Hunters Chicken, slimming style?
I served mine with just a small portion of Basmati rice and some sweetcorn…
However it can be served with anything really, such as any vegetables and Slimming oven chips or potato wedges
Or maybe a small portion of pasta even? Or a spoon of mash?
It’s a super recipe, rich in flavour, low in fat and a recipe for the whole family!
What’s not to love?
So have a go at this lovely Slimming Hunters Chicken and let me know what you think, please…..
The slimming Deets about Hunters Chicken
You can work it out , but with the seasoning I used and the Cheese as your Healthy A it’s about 1 Syn per portion
Other Healthy Chicken Recipe Ideas
And if you like this dish I have many other Healthy Chicken Dinners – one of my faves is my Easy Peasy Slimming Chicken Curry, a family fave.
Go have a look!
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Easy Hunters Chicken - Slimming Style
- The Sauce
- Fry Lite
- 1 Onion peeled & finely chopped, I used a red one
- 1 Clove Garlic peeled and very finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons BBQ seasoning I used Schwartz
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salt & Black Pepper
- The Chicken
- 2 Chicken breast fillets skinless, flattened out
- 4 Light Baby Bells cheese
- 4 Smoked Bacon Medallions
- Handful of Chopped Parsley
- The Sauce
- First make the sauce. Using a non stick frying pan add your fry Lite, chopped onion, chopped garlic and BBQ seasoning with some salt and pepper and gently fry for approx 10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Make sure you stir as you don't want to burn your mix
- Then add your tin of chopped tomatoes and 3 tablespoons cold water
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Then using a stick blender or ordinary blender, blend your sauce until smooth.
- Taste and check your seasoning
- The Chicken Part
- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6
- Batter out your Chicken breast fillets a little, with a meat hammer or rolling pin - you might want to pop the breasts in a plastic bag to do this
- Next cut 2 of your Baby Bell cheeses in half and place two in the middle of each chicken breast, lengthways
- Then fold you chicken up and make sure the fold is on the bottom
- Next place 2 x Bacon Medians over each chicken parcel to cover the whole chicken breast
- Pour half of the BBQ sauce into the bottom of your ovenproof dish and pop your chicken parcels on top, fold side down and making sure there is a gap between each breast
- Pour the remaining sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with cheese
- Cover with foil and bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 15 minutes
- Remove the foil and turn the oven up to 220C/425F/Gas7 and bake for a further 20 minutes
- When your chicken is cooked, your sauce is bubbling and your cheese golden brown remove from the oven
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve Enjoy!