Easy Chilli – Lighter
A nice easy lighter Chilli for mid week or actually the weekend come to think of it. This ones packed full of lovely vegetables!
It really is an up-to date take on the traditional Chilli Con Carne!
It’s still made with lovely minced steak, but the lower fat version, I buy the 5% fat meat! (Great for SW too)
I like to call this my Silli Chilli!
You know those heavy, dark, sticky Chilli’s, well this isn’t one of those. 🙂
It’s ligher and bursting with fresh flavours!
Easy Chilli packed with veggies
It also packed with vegetables and this not only adds that lovely fibre (hides it form the kids) it also stretches the mince and makes it stretch much further and thus feeds more.
I tend to make a big batch and freeze portions, it really freezes well.
And that way there’s always a tasty dinner waiting for me and the family when I get home from work!
For those Weight Watchers peeps – if you ditch the cheese and divide by 5 portions = 7 #Smart Points.
I have mine with Cauliflower rice and it’s really good! And SW it’s free if you leave out the Cheese!
So what’s the history – where does it originate – well according to Wiki:
Chili con carne or chilli con carne, meaning ‘chili with meat’, also known as simply chili or chilli, is a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat, and often tomatoes and beans.
Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin. The original dish originated in southern Texas with working-class Mexican women.
Why not have a go at this Easy Lighter Chilli ?
And please leave a comment if you do, I do so love to get your comments
If you like a bit of spice and veggies why not have a go at my Banging Vegetable Curry!
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
If you’re interested – just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Easy Lighter Chilli
- 500 g Minced steak - lean <5% fat
- 1 Red Onion roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 1 Small ish Red Chilli, trimmed, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 Carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Leek trimmed & sliced
- Punnet Button Mushrooms halved
- Punnet Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 pt Water
- Small Tin Sweetcorn drainded Small
- Tin Red Kidney Beans rinsed
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Sprinkling of grated Cheddar to Baby Bell Healthy A
- Fresh herbs to top if you like
- In a large pan fry off the minced steak together with the onion (no oil required)
- Once the mince is browned, approx. 10 minutes add the stock cube, tomato puree and chopped chilli, fry for a further 5-10 minutes, stirring
- Then add the leeks, carrots, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms, stir to combine.
- Finally add the water, stir & bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes until veg is soft
- Add Kidney beans and sweetcorn, stir and heat through.
- Have a taste and if necessary season with Salt & Black Pepper
- Serve with rice or jacket potato Dig in and enjoy!