The Best Chicken Curry – to Die for!!!!
It’s so flipping easy!
Do you love a curry? Well this Easy Chicken curry is so divine, please give it a try I’m sure you’ll love it!
This recipe is actually possibly my favourite all time quick dinner
(I would imagine I’ve made it more than 100 times, it’s always my go to).
It’s so tasty, in all these years I have not met anyone who doesn’t like it.
Give it a go.
You can make it quite low if you do a few switches, like use skimmed milk and fry lite spray.
Or you can use Coconut oil which add a lovely note to the dish, you can read all above coconut oil and health benefits is my review
AND whatever you do
DO NOT skip the fresh coriander it is so important for the overall fragrance of the recipe!
It is probably the most popular recipe on Easypeasylemonsqueezy Blog!
And it come close to being MY personal most made dish.
30 minutes to the best Chicken Curry!
You can make this lovely curry in just 30 minutes!
I always try and make a big batch when I make it. ( Do you batch cook?)
That way I can pop portions in the freezer. It means I’ve always got a dinner to bang in the oven or the microwave!
My very own ready meal I guess, but it’s home made!!! 🙂
And before I forget you must try it’s little sister, Banging Veggie Curry so so lovely too!
In both curry recipes I use a Madras Paste.
Don’t be scared by the facts it’s Madras, I use it purely for the flavour direction, it’s really not that hot!
There are a lot of Curry Pastes in the super market however this is the one I use, always: Patak
Please let me have your comments if you try this Easy Chicken Curry to die for!
Please, just a quick note below the recipe would be great I promise you’ll love it
Many Thanks Clare x
And I think you might like this Chicken recipe too
It’s basically lovely crunchy chicken breast coated in panko crumbs (I made my own by grating bread), served with a curry sauce.
Best Chicken Curry - to Die For!
- 5 sprays of fry light or - glug of olive oil
- Squirt of Fresh garlic and ginger purée or 2 cloves garlic crushed 2cm Fresh ginger grated
- 2 White Onions chopped into large pieces as below sort of size
- 4 Chicken breasts boneless and skinless cut into 3 cm bits ish
- 2-3 heaped teaspoons Madras curry paste Pataks best
- 200 g closed cup Mushrooms or button don't use flat field mushrooms they make it go a bit grey
- 1/2 pt Skimmed or Semi skimmed milk
- Bag of FRESH Coriander torn up - this is one of the most important ingredients !!!!
- 3 tablespoons extra light/or just light Elmlea single cream or single cream
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Spray large frying pan with oil or pour in olive oil
- Fry off garlic, ginger, onions and chicken pieces for 5 minutes
- Add curry paste and coat chicken and onions, add mushrooms fry approx. 5 minutes
- Add milk - simmer for 12- 15 minutes - Stirring occasionally (looks a bit thin and weird at this point, but trust me it will be divine, you will end up reducing the milk over the 12- 15 minutes simmering) (Remember to put rice on, I use Basmatti but whatever will do)
- Add the torn coriander and finally the cream, Stir through bring to simmer
- Taste and season with Salt & Freshly ground Black pepper
- Serve with rice and naan