Turkey Mince Chilli – Slow Cooker
This turkey mince chilli is totally delicious! It also happens to be super healthy and tasty. I have developed this one in the slow cookers and it’s perfect for those mid week meals.
It has all the traditional flavour and richness of a beef chilli recipe but it’s a refreshing lighter change – I love it
Can you make chilli with turkey mince?
Oh yes you can and it’s delicious. It picks up all the flavour of your chilli and I almost prefer it to beef.
You could also make it with chicken mince if you like
Easy Turkey Chilli
It also packed with vegetables, this not only adds that lovely fibre (hides it form the kids) it also stretches the mince and makes it stretch much further and thus feeds more.
I tend to make a big batch and freeze portions, it really freezes well.
And that way there’s always a tasty dinner waiting for me and the family when I get home from work!
What are the benefits of turkey mince?
Turkey mince is a really good source of minerals
It’s also rich in rich in selenium, zinc, phosphorus and iron. Boom
It’s said that turkey meat makes a useful inclusion to support thyroid function, immunity, bone health and energy production
The darker cuts of meat like the leg and thigh are richer in certain minerals, such as iron
How to make Turkey Mince Chilli con carne
It really is so easy – See the full recipe and instructions on the recipe card at the bottom of this post
Simply fry off your turkey mince and veggies, and pop it in the bottom of your slow cooker
Add the other ingredients to your slow cooker on-top of the mince
Give a stir as per below and cook according to instructions – Delicious
And here’s your Turkey Mince Chilli after 4 hours in the slow cooker / crockpot
I’ve said it feeds 4 but actually I think it would feed 6 if served with rice or potatoes etc
So what’s the history – where does it originate – well according to Wiki:
Chili con carne or chilli con carne, meaning ‘chili with meat’, also known as simply chili or chilli, is a spicy stew containing chili peppers, meat, and often tomatoes and beans.
Other seasonings may include garlic, onions, and cumin.
The original dish originated in southern Texas with working-class Mexican women
What should I serve my Turkey Mince Chilli with?
So so many options
- Simply, with the rice of your choice
- I serve mine sometimes with cauliflower rice
- Perfect on a baked potato
- Over potato wedges is good too
- It’s also really good with a handful of grated cheese on top (sorry – but it is)
Can I freezer my Turkey Chilli?
Yes it’s perfect for freezing
I tend to freeze in portions in plastic containers.
Don’t forget to label and date each container
It will be good in the freezer for 2-3 Months
When you want to heat it, defrost oil the fridge and reheat – make sure it’s piping hot all the way through before you serve
Slow Cooker Choice
Lots of people ask me about which slow cooker I would recommend
Well it has to be this one, it has a sear function for browning – so a lot less washing up and a way more flavour for your recipes
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
The Easy Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Oh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Big Love Clare x
Another couple of crockpot suppers
Beef Bourguignon is a delicious slow cooker meal – it’s also very low in Syns
Have a gander at the recipe
And my Honey Garlic Chicken always goes down a storm
It’s so good… Enjoy!
And finally the DUMP recipe of all time
My Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala is just delicious!
Turkey Mince Chilli - Slow cooker
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 White or red onions peeled and finely chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic Peeled & finely chopped
- 500 g Turkey mince
- 1/2 Red Pepper Deseed & chopped
- 1/2 Orange Pepper deseed & chopped
- Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp Tomato puree
- 400 g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 tomato tin, filled with water
- 2 Chicken Stock Cube
- 400 g Red kidney beans tin, drained weight 240g
- 2 teaspoons Chilli Powder you can adjust if you like a really spicy chilli
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Dried Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- Grab yourself a large frying pan and add your olive oil
- When hot, add chopped onions, garlic, turkey mince red pepper and orange pepper, fry for approx 5 minutes until the turkey takes on a little colour and the onions start to soften
- Season with salt and pepper .Next add the tomato puree and fry, stirring for a further 2 minutes
- Tip your turkey mince mixture into the bottom of your slow cooker
- Next add all your wets on top starting with your tinned tomatoes, then fill your tin with water and add that with your stock cubes and drained and washed kidney beans
- Finally add your chilli, garam masala dried oregano. Give it a stir and pop the lid on
- Cook in your slow cooker for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low - its should thicken nicely
- Check the season before serving and then enjoy