Easy Lamb Biryani
So you have loads of left-over lamb? Try this lovely quick and simple Lamb Biryani recipe – yum.
I usually have loads left after Easter, as that’s often the time I do a WHOLE Leg of lamb.
Or maybe after that Sunday roast and you realise you have enough left over lamb to make another lovely meal!
Well fret ye not!
Biryani, I guess it’s the paella of Indian food
Traditionally, it’s baked in a clay pot for hours, but my easy one-pot wonder allows you to create this tasty dinner at speed!
And it’s super super easy. You can substitute the lamb for chicken if you like, but I love to make it with moist tasty lamb
For me it works sooooo well with lamb, I also add mushrooms in my recipe as I think its perfect.
Not that traditional I know, but hey why not? For me it’s whatever works
How to cook your Biryani
I make mine all in one large casserole dish.
I use a Le Cruset dish and fry off on the top of the hob and then just bang it in the oven, jobs a good ‘un!
One pot wonder
I’m all about easy one pot wonders! It really is so very easy. So create your very own show stopper when you lift the lid at the dinner table 🙂
After frying of your spices, lamb, mushrooms & onions. You simply add your rice and stock and bang it in the oven!
Remove from the Oven
Remove from the oven – give it a stir, pop the lid back on and leave for 10 minutes and viola there you go!
To serve your Easy Lamb biryani
Well to be honest I just add a table spoon of fat free yoghurt and some fresh coriander leaves sprinkled on top.
If you’re looking for a bigger meal how about these Easy Naan Breads my mate Jenny has a really easy recipe – go check it out
Look at them 🙂
If you love this Lamb Biryani I also think you’ll love my Chicken Biryani too
Another Spicy Rice recipe
If you love one pot spicy rice recipes then I think you’ll love my Cajun Dirty Rice – beef
It’s easy, tasty, spicy and delicious
Roast Lamb Recipe (just incase you need it)
And just incase you’d like a great slow roast lamb recipe here’s my fave – delicious and tender!
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested.
just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Dinners under 500 Cals
And if you are looking for a hands collection of dinners under 500 cals then look no further
Lamb Biryani - easy!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion peeled & finely chopped
- Thumb sized piece of Ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 200 g left over lamb cut into chunks
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon Chilli Powder depending on what heat you like
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Garam Marsala
- 100 g Mushrooms halved or quartered
- 200 g Basmati Rice
- 400 ml water
- 1 stock cube chicken or lamb
- Handful of Fresh coriander leaves
- Salt & black Pepper
- Coriander leaves
- Plain Yoghurt for serving
- Preheat your oven to 160C fan/ 325F / Gas 4
- In your heavy bottomed casserole dish (hob proof) put your olive oil and turn on the heat to medium
- Next add your onion, ginger, garlic, lamb and fry for 5 minutes, stiring
- Next add your Chilli Powder, Turmeric, Garam Marsala and mushrooms, stir and fry for a further 5 minutes, stiring
- Then add your rice and stock and coriander leaves give it all a good stir and season with salt and pepper
- Pop the lid on your casserole (or cover tightly with foil) and pop in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes
- Remove and stir, making sure your rice is tender.If it looks a bit dry ad a splash more water
- Return the lid and leave to stand for 10 minutes on the side (do not put it back in the oven)
- Then simply serve with a dollop of yoghurt and fresh coriander leaves - yum!