Chocolate Ice Cream Cake – Bombe!!!
This Chocolate Ice Cream Cake – or call it a Bombe if you like is super flipping cool!
Detailed below is my my recipe, but please remember you can so easily change it up.
It can be filled with any other lovely fillings, any of your own choice.
Everyone loves an ice cream, especially in the summer, so why not make it into a cake, yum!
Actually forget that it works for any time of year really as long as you change the additions around
Chocolate Ice Cream Cake – Birthday Cake?
It can even be a beautiful birthday cake – decorated with candles or a Happy Birthday topper?
Or an Alternative Christmas Pudding?
And you know what it’s also very lovely in the winter time, especially Christmas!
In fact it’s the perfect, simplest alternative Christmas Pudding / dessert!
I always make one of these and have this and a more traditional Christmas Pudding too.
There are many who don’t like a traditional Christmas Pudding.
I know a lot of kids especially who aren’t keen. So you can make this (ahead of time) to serve at the same times as you serve the Christmas Pudding!!
You could even pop a piece of holly on the top!
Always make two Ice Cream Cakes 🙂
And while you’re at it – why not make two? It’s so easy.
Then you have a spare for another occasion over the festivities!
You can feel quite smug when you get those surprise visitors and you can ‘hey presto’ it out of the freezer.
It just needs an approx 30 minutes defrost time
You simply line a pudding dish, all the details are below, it really is just a construction job!
Bang in your fillings. Pop a top on it and place in the freezer until you need it!
I think it really is the perfect alternative Christmas Pudding!
You can make it so Christmassy!!
Cover the outside with buttercream maybe and cover in Malteasers?
Oh the choices are limitless.
Go on make cake, with ice cream – why not?
My choice was Chocolate Cookie dough ice-cream (obviously 🙂 ) , chocolate sponge, cherries (I love Cherries) and meringue, but here are a few more ideas:
Ideas for your Ice Cream Cake
Try slices of Panettone in whatever alcohol you like, with vanilla ice-cream with candid fruit in the middle and a few pistachios.
Or try ginger cake with lemon ice-cream and meringue and lemon curd… really whatever you fancy!!!)
This dessert is perfect for Summer parties and BBQ’s as everyone loves an ice-cream dessert don’t they? Use lovely summer fruits – so good!
And the best thing about this is it can be made ahead!!
This I love, as i like all the prep done before Christmas or a party for example.
No stress on the day…. that’s what I love about this pud
Have a go at an Ice Cream Cake?
Have a go using this Chocolate Ice Cream Cake – Bombe as a base idea and let me see what you come up with, it’s really just a simple ice-cream cake or dessert or whatever you like to call it!
Oh and please drop me a comment below the post, I do so love your comments.
I try so hard to give you ideas to make you and your family some lovely food! I hope I can inspire
So show me your Bombes!! 🙂
Another lovely recipe
Another lovely recipe you might like is this wonderful Chocolate Tart also no bake, it’s smooth, rich and a total chocolate hit!!!
Thanks Clare x
Chocolate Ice Cream Cake …. Bombe!!
- 2 Chocolate Swiss Rolls ready made
- 1/2 Jar Cherries in Kirsch Opie + juice
- 1 Carton Cookie Dough Ice-cream
- 1/2 Carton Chocolate ice-cream
- 1-2 Meringue Nests crumbled
- Icing Sugar for dusting
- Remove your ice-creams from the freezer
- Line the pudding basin with 3 large pieces of cling film, so it hangs over the edges
- Cut your swiss-roll into 1/2 cm slices
- Line your pudding basin with these slices trying not to leave any gaps
- Brush the inside with the Cherry/kirsch juice
- Spoon in the softened Cookie Dough Ice-cream to 1/3 way up the basin, smooth top
- Next place some of the cherries over the ice-cream and crumble half of meringue pieces in
- Next put a layer of the softened chocolate ice-cream in, smooth and then cherries and meringue again
- Finally finish filling with the Cookie dough ice-cream, smooth, leaving a 1cm gap at the top
- Finish the Bomb off by placing the remain swiss-roll pieces on top trying to avoid having any gaps - fold the cling film over the top and pop in the freezer.
- When you are ready to eat, remove from the freezer - tip out bomb and remove cling-film, leave for 30 minutes
- Place on a lovely plate and either dust with icing sugar or if you want to really wow - pour over hot chocolate sauce and SERVE!