Easy Fresh Fruit Tart on puff pastry
This Fresh Fruit Tart is so so lovely and a very easy dessert to make!
It’s a little cheaty as you use frozen puff pastry for speed, but who cares?
I certainly don’t. It’s also very quick to make!
If you really want to make your own puff pastry then even better.
But I know I unfortunately never have the time.
I find the chilled ready made pastry to be perfect for most recipes – really I do!
Ingredients for your Fruit Tart
are also so simple – look – I even buy the custard ready made!!
So cheaty – but why not?
And any fruits you like 🙂
You could make it Red, White (custard) and Blue for the celebrations
Perfect Dessert for Summer party / BBQ?
This dessert is perfect for taking to a BBQ as long as as you have someone to hold it in the car ;-).
This lovely slice looks pretty impressive too, I promise! Wow your guests
All the Fruits for your easy tart
It is so easy to make and looks so pretty, you can use whatever fruits you like.
It looks lovely with just strawberries or strawberries & raspberries. You can have so much fun with it, use any fruits!
I used grapes, peaches and mandarins too. You could make a peach melba version. The options are limitless! Just have fun with it
It’s also ok ish for you to, there isn’t lashings of cream and it’s light and not too heavy at all! (I think that means you can eat two slices?)
So what are you waiting for- go and impress your friends and family with this super easy, super pretty and delicious Fresh Fruit Pastry Slice
Oh and here it is on the Great British Bake Off Website have a gander 🙂
Have a piece of this lovely Fresh Fruit Slice.
Then please let me have your comments below.
I so love to receive your comments
Another lovely Fruit Dessert
Oh and before I forget, if you like this recipe then maybe you’ll also like my lovely easy Fresh Fruit Pavlova
Also great for parties and BBQ’s
Let me know what you think 🙂 We love it!!
Easy Fresh Fruit Tart
- Puff Pastry Sheet - I use the ready rolled from Jus-rol
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 150 g Chocolate milk or plain
- 4 tablespoons ready made custard
- 1 nectarine sliced
- handful grapes - seedless and halved
- 1/2 punnet strawberries washed and sliced (really whatever fruit you want)
- 2 tablespoons Apricot Jam
- Preheat oven 220c/ 450F / Gas 7 (200c fan assisted) layer
- Roll out or unroll the puff pastry rectangle on a piece of greaseproof paper (helps you to lift onto baking tray)
- Cut the edge of each side and use this to build up an edge, using milk secure the edge (see pic)
- Using a fork dock the pastry all over
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until golden brown - keep you eye on it
- Remove from oven and leave to cool on a wire rack - transfer to serving plate now
- Melt you chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water
- Brush a thin layer of chocolate over the pastry base - leave to set
- Then spoon the custard on spreading to the edges with a knife - thin
- Layer you fruits however you want!
- Warm apricot jam in microwave and brush over the top of the slice using a pastry brush, makes it nice and glossy
- You can lace with chocolate piping if you're feeling fancy or leave plain
- Serve and enjoy