Easy Fresh Fruit Pavlova
This Fresh Fruit Pavlova is an easy and simple dessert.
It can be topped with cream and any fresh fruits of your choice.
It’s so very summery and perfect for any occasion! So Easy and Delicious!
For Christmas you can add winter fruits – also lovely! And for Summer – summer fruits!
So what’s is the definition of a Pavlova?
Pavlova is a meringue-based dessert named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova.
It is a meringue dessert with a crisp crust and soft, light inside, usually topped with fruit and whipped cream.
In fact the perfect SUMMER dessert!
Perfect for BBQ’s and garden parties!
Pavlova / Meringue recipe
And remember peeps if you give it a tweak and a twist here and there it can be made special for any seasonal occasion!
You can use any fruits you like, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries – just anything!
If you follow the instructions it’s also rather an easy dessert! I promise
Have a go and show me your Pavlova creations, please drop me a comment below, I so love to get your comments
More Pavlovas / Meringues
Here are a couple of my readers Pavs – don’t they look ace!
Other lovely puds
I have some really lovely desserts on here.
A get ahead one is my Chocolate IceCream Bombe – everyone loves it especially the kids!
It’s my go to!
And I’m sure if you love this fresh fruit Pav then you’ll also love my Easy Fresh Fruit Pastry Slice – go have a look!
Big Love Cx
Easy Fresh Fruit Pavlova
- 4 Egg Whites Free-Range and large
- 200 g Golden Caster Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 300-400 ml Double Cream - whipped
- Fresh Fruits whatever you fancy I used 2 Ripe Nectarines and a couple of handfuls ripe fresh Cherries (de- stoned)
- Optional - a little fruit puree not on mine
- Drizzle Honey
- Mint leaves yes I know mine are basil in the pic
- Icing Sugar - for dusting
- Pre-heat Oven 150C/300F/Gas 2
- Line a largish Baking Tray - you can make your Pavlova any shape you like!
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites using a spotlessly clean bowl for a few minutes unit the egg white are stiff
- Gradually add the sugar & salt whilst the mixer is running and then whip on high speed for 7 minutes or so.
- The meringue should not be gritty, if it is keep mixing
- Spoon the meringue into the desired shape onto the lined baking tray, try to make the edges a little thicker than the middle
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for minimum 1 hour, max 1 hour 15 mins.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool, should be golden brown and a little cracked but soft (I leave mine overnight and then fill in the morning)
- When you are ready to construct whip your cream until thick and spoon on meringue
- If you want a little fruit puree on the Pavlova add now
- Decorate with fresh fruits and drizzle in honey
- Finally finish with Mint leaves and a sprinkle of Icing Sugar