Bearby’s Easy Chocolate Tart
I have simply lost count of the many many times I have made this super easy chocolate tart.
I make it that often that it’s not just a Chocolate Tart it’s Bearbys Chocolate Tart.
That’s my nick name with the wonderful kids (not so much kids these days) but I’m still Bearby!
Always has been and I always will be Bearby and I love that everyone still calls it Bearbys Tart – and now my grandson calls me Nannie Bearby 🙂
This beauty is is a total family favourite here.
This lovely tart is actually a take on Jamie’s recipe, but modified by me over the years
(I always dedicate this pud to the lovely Victoria, my beautiful Niece).
It’s requested at EVERY family party always and usually I end up making two.
Keep the pasty thin for your tart
One very important think you must keep the pastry thin, really thin but with no holes and the filling should cut like butter.
You don’t need much of this Tart to satisfy that chocolate craving, it really is so yummy and rich.
Mixing up the Chocolates in your tart
I switch between half milk, half dark, however you can decide yourself. It really does depend on your taste
And I see no reason why you couldn’t add a bit of orange zest?
Chocolate orange – yum!
What to serve with your chocolate tart
I serve a small piece with raspberries and a smidge of single cream – flipping lovely!
Somehow the raspberries seen to ‘cut’ through the sweetness. And it looks so pretty and elegant served like this
I also tent to dust in icing sugar too
Have a go and let me know how you get on – oh and leave me a comment below the recipe.
I love your comments
Please remember it’s rich and therefor you only need a small slice
Other Chocolate Tarts
I also have another lovely Chocolate Tart Recipe.
This time on an Oreo base and great for Christmas & Easter
Let me see your tarts!
Thanks Cx (Bearby)
Easy Chocolate Tart - Bearby style!
- 1 packet of chilled Sweet Shortcrust pastry or make it yourself if you have the time
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 25 g Caster Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 50 g Butter
- 200 g good quality Real Chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk approx.
- Preheat the oven Gas 4/180°C/350°F.
- Loose bottomed
- Take the chilled Sweet Shortcrust Pasty out the fridge and roll out. Line the loose bottomed tin 23cm / 9 inch with the pasty. Try not tot have any cracks or pin over the top of the pastry in the tin and remove the waste pastry.
- Bake blind (scrunch up some greaseproof paper and put in some rice, or baking beans).
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove paper and rice and pop back in the oven for a further 10-15 minutes. Make sure its baked on the bottom and golden brown. Leave to cool.
- In a saucepan add the Double Cream, Caster Sugar and a pinch of Salt and bring to the boil. Watch it! REMOVE from heat - add Chocolate & Butter, keep stirring until it is all blended and smooth.
- Finally stir in the Milk. Let it cool a little.
- Pour into the pastry case and leave to cool minimum 3 hours, pop in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from fridge approx. 30 minutes before you want to devour it!!
- Dust with Icing Sugar or Cocoa Powder - leave plain or decorate with raspberries! Serve very small portion with single cream, it's rich!!!!