Carrot & Parsnip Soup
This easy carrot and parsnip soup is so delicious and so very healthy.
I love the combination of these two vegetables together, they works so well together and are packed with flavour
Somehow parsnips and carrot blended give such a velvety smooth consistence and it’s so filling
It’s a really simple soup – have a go?
How to make Carrot & Parsnip Soup
The full recipe is at the bottom of this post
However you simply fry off your onion & garlic
Pop in your chopped parsnips and carrots, together with your stock and herbs
I use thyme as it works so well, fresh or dried it’s up to you
Fry your onion and your garlic for a few minutes then add your veggies and stock, boil and then simmer
Then you simply blitz the cooked mix with a stick blender or food processor and voila, smooth flavoursome soup
Syn free and super tasty!!
Just look at that amazing colour – enough to brighten any winters day
Can you freeze Parsnip and carrot soup?
Yes, yes, yes you can
This recipe is enough for 4 people. You can easily half it or double it, depending on your numbers
I tend to freeze portions in container so I can take it to work with me, therefore not tempted to grab something from the supermarket when I’m starving 🙂
Spicy Carrot & Parsnip Soup
And please remember that if you fancy spicing up this soup simply add a teaspoon or curry powder or a few chilli flakes or maybe some cumin? Whatever takes your fancy really
You really can spice it up nicely
How to serve your soup?
It’s lovely hot on a cold winters day
If you want to jazz it up a little, dry fry some bacon pieces and add a table spoon swirl of half fat single cream (remember to count it if you are on a programme)
Or if it’s for a family supper why n0t make a home made loaf and dunk dunk dunk – yum!
Here’s my No need to knead loaf
Other Healthy Soups
I have quite a few lovely soups on my website
Three of my faves:
As you can probably tell I like Parsnip Soup – this is a delicious and warming Curried Parsnip Soup
I like to call this my ‘fridge soup’ you know where you need to use up all those vegetables
This is lovely and garlicky and quite sweet – very comforting
You simply roast all the vegetable in the oven and it gives such an intense flavour! Yum
6 Easy Peasy Slimming Soups
I’ve gathered together for ease, 6 lovely vegetable banshee soup recipes – Healthy Soup Recipes
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Oh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Big Love Clare x
Easy Carrot & Parsnip Soup - Healthy!
- Fry Light cooking spray
- 1 large or 2 small onions, peeled & chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 4 parsnips peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 & 1/4 Pints water
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme
- Salt & Black pepper
- Spray the base of a large saucepan with fry light
- Add your chopped onions and garlic and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened
- Then throw in your chopped carrots and parsnips, followed immediately by the water and stock cube
- Finally add your fresh or dried thyme (and any spices if you are using them)
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 minutes until your vegetables are soft
- Blend using a stick blender or a processor and return to your pan, I sometimes hold a few vegetables back so I have a few in the finished blended soup
- Taste and then season with salt & black pepper
- Reheat and serve