Easy Roasted Vegetable Pasta – Slimming Style
Vegetable Pasta, what an amazing staple recipe to have in your repotaroire
It’s so easy and simple to change up.
Use different veggies if you like maybe add courgettes/ zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli – anything really
It’s also super healthy.
When you roast the vegetables in the oven it dramatically intensifies the flavour and let me tell you it’s simply busting with flavours!!
Colours of your Vegetable Pasta
Something else that they say is very important for all the nutrients.
Just look at all those fresh colours!!
What Pasta should you use for your Vegetable Bake?
I’m a massive lover of Macaroni, you probably have noticed already.
However you can replace with most types, I would suggest penne or the spiral shaped myself
It’s so easy! Other Ideas
So basically all you do is roast your vegetables in the oven, add your cooked pasta, top with grated cheese and basil! Done!
I also think it would be a great side to say sausages or a chicken breast – anything you like really!
It can be served cold too – in a lunch box if you like!
Such a nice change from a soggy old sarnie!
Everything is free!! Yes you heard it here first!
You need to count 1 Healthy A – but this recipes is enough for 2 people as a main course
So that’s 1/2 a healthy A per portion
Pimped Vegetable Pasta (NOT VEGETARIAN)
Oh and if you want to add other things to your roasted vegetable pasta then just do it! Pimp it up – you so can!
Here I added small <5% fat meatballs (free) and it was so delicious – I simply baked it all together
I think it would also work really well with sliced bacon medallions, why not give it a try? Again free …. and something I will definitely do next time
Vegetable Pasta with meatballs
Other Tasty Morsels
And another quick and easy Pasta Dinner is my Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli – yummy
Also a big family favourite
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Easy Roasted Vegetable Pasta - Slimming Style
- 1 Red Onion peeled and cut into eights
- 5 baby peppers all colours, halved, trim the top and remove seeds
- 2 Large portobello mushrooms peeled and quartered
- 1 Clove Garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 12 Cherry tomatoes whole
- Fry lite Salt & Black Pepper
- 150 g Dried Macaroni or another pasta shape
- 4 Tablespoons Pasta Water
- 3 Low Fat Baby-bells grated
- 2 Teaspoon Tomato Puree
- Hand full torn basil lots
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6
- Take a medium sized oven proof dish and spray with fry lite
- Add your onions, peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and garlic and spray the top with fry lite
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Pop in the oven and bake for 25 minutes
- In the meantime boil you pasta according to on pack instructions, then drain (reserve some pasta water) and pop on one side
- Remove your vegetables from the oven, they should be soft and lightly browned
- Add 4 tablespoon of your pasta water and your tomato puree to the roasted vegetables - and stir
- Then tip in your cooked pasta and stir again
- Finally add your torn basil leaves and your grated cheese and pop back in the oven for a further 10 minutes (reserve a few basil leaves for the top once baked)
- Remove and serve, add extra fresh basil leaves too!