No need to knead bread recipe
I’ve been looking for a bread recipe for Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy for a while. I wanted to take all the faff out of it and create a delicious but EASY loaf to throw together. This ‘no knead bread recipe’ is the answer.
With tweaks here and there from my friend Jane – I we think we’ve finally got it!
Gosh I love fresh bread – do you? The problem I have is I just love it warm slathered with butter – oh my!
This loaf has a wonderful thick crust – mmmmm
I don’t make it that often as I’d eat it all, I can’t resist homemade bread .
However I do love to make it when I have people here to dig in
It also makes amazing toast – just saying
Simple & Easy Bread
This bread recipe doesn’t need a bread maker or any experience at all in bread making
In fact no skill is required at all – EXCEPT a little planning
You basically make it in two goes , mix everything up and leave overnight then stick it in the oven the next day – that’s it
I think one of the best times to make it is is early Friday evening or Saturday evening – then it’s ready for weekend brunch
It looks like it’s come straight form the Farmers Market – but it didn’t you made it!
No Knead Bread
So what am I talking about? Kneading?
Well this loaf needs no kneading at all you simply shape it and bake it in a casserole style dish
Step by Step to your homemade no need bread loaf
Dry and wets and leave overnight somewhere warm
Tip it out and shape into a ball – you’ll need loads of flour
Prove again for 30 minutes then using the baking paper lift it into your pot
Just look at that bread loaf
Baked, cooled and sliced – now where is that butter?!
Top Tips for your no knead bread
- Use a shower cap for coving your dish for the proof – it’s perfect and so much better than cling film
- Why not jazz it up sometimes with herbs, seeds on the top etc and look proper posh
- It also makes the best gift!! Dropping a loaf of homemade bread on someones doorstep will give you brownie points forever
- Microwave your cold water for 30 seconds – it works perfectly
- For you AGA people – the pot should be placed on the grid shelf on the lowest set of runners
Have a go and let us know how you get on
Cx & Jx
Another tasty breakfast
Why not try my healthy breakfast cups
No Knead Bread - Easy!
- 400 g Plain or Strong Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Instant / Fast action dried yeast
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 300 ml Tepid Water
- Put all your dry ingredients in a bowl and stir
- Next add your tepid water and stir using a wooden spoon or your hands
- Cover the bowl with Clingfilm or a shower cap
- Leave somewhere warm for 12-18 hours (overnight)After prooving your dough will be covering in pin prick air holes
- Flour the work surface and tip your dough out - it will be stringy and wet - use more flour to help
- Cover your hands in flour and shape into a ball - it will be very soft and a dough scraper might help
- Pop the dough ball on some baking paper, cover loosely with cling film and leave for 30 minutes - it won't get much bigger
- Preheat your oven 230C/450F - who the oven is hot pop your casserole / le Cruset dish in the oven to heat up
- Once the dough is proved and the pot is hot remove the pot from the oven
- Lift your dough on the baking paper and pop it into your hot pot - make sure your baking paper is not sticking out the pot - either trim it or pop it under the lid
- Pop the lid on your pot and bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake for a further 15 minutes until golden
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and enjoy!