Blueberry & Lemon Muffins – The Flora Way
I was delighted to be asked by Flora to do some recipe testing with Flora Buttery, I’ve never used it for baking before, but I will again for sure, I chose to make their Blueberry & Lemon Muffins.
And Flora are letting me share the recipe from their website.
There are incidentally, some lovely recipes on there – especially the cake ones – have a gander
So what exactly is Flora Buttery?
‘Lovingly blended for a creamy taste, Flora Buttery has a splash of buttermilk mixed in with plant goodness^
(we’ve packed three healthy plant oils into this spread) which is rich in vitamin and D.
Smooth it on toast, dollop it on hot veggies or melt it over spuds for a little extra indulgence.
Flora Buttery is great for baking and even pan-frying. Lower in saturated fat than butter and packed with omega 3.
If you’re looking for plant goodness^ with a delicious buttery taste, get stuck in…
70% vegetable fat spread with buttermilk’
Sounds good to me, we all like a bit of ‘Plant goodness’ don’t we? 🙂
Blueberry & Lemon Muffins
So I chose to make Blueberry & Lemon Muffins from the recipe section on the Flora Website.
We don’t have a muffin recipe on Easypeasylemonsqueezy yet – so here you go!
And boy is it an easy tasty one.
The kids can do this no bother and the result, tasty, juicy, fluffy, fruit filled muffins.
These lovely muffins could almost pass as breakfast 😉
I do normally use butter for baking – but I have to say these were delicious and produced a lovely fluffy muffin!
So have a go at these lovely Blueberry & Lemon Muffins.
All you need is 15 mins prep and 30 minute bake and you are away!
Let me know how you get on.
Would love to hear your comments and see your pics.
And remember to have a look at the Flora Website, think I’m going to try the ‘Bakewell Cake’ next – looks divine.
Blueberry & Lemon Muffins
- 115 g 4oz Flora Buttery
- 115 g 4oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml ¼ pt milk zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 300 g 11oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g blueberries - fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3/170°C/150°C fan/325°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the Flora Buttery and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- Mix in the milk, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined – don’t worry too much about lumps!
- Finally – throw in the blueberry and stir to distribute in the mix.
- Divide the mix among 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin (and sprinkle some Demerara on top if you wish).
- Bake in a preheated oven at Gas mark 3, 170°C/150°C fan/325°F for 30 minutes.