Easy Banana Muffins with chocolate chips
Move over banana bread (as lovely as you are) Here’s a perfect Easy Banana Muffins recipe, made extra special and delicious with added chocolate chips! (plenty of them)
These little babies are easy to make, quick to make and are soft moist bananary yumminess, they also happen to be studded with chocolate chips. Bonus!
Easy Banana Muffins for the kids to make
They really are delicious and I haven’t met a child or adult who doesn’t like them
The process of making them is so simple – so teach the kids to make them? Why not?
They are so easy you can get the kids to make them themselves eventually, maybe supervise closely the first time but once they get the hang of it they’re away! (just make sure if they are little you are there for the oven bit….
I think it’s so important to teach our kids how to cook, and they love it
There may be a messy kitchen at the end (ha ha) – but who cares anyway really
What to do with over-ripened bananas?
These muffins are a perfect way to use up those over ripened bananas that lurk in tree fruit bowl – avoided by everyone…
I have a Banana Loaf Cake that is also really good, however it has dates and walnuts in the recipe and my little ones prefer their banana cakes without the fancy stuff.
So these are perfect
How do I mash my bananas?
Simply pop your peeled, over-ripened bananas in a bowl and squish with a fork – it is very easy when they are ripe
What else can I add to my Quick Banana Muffins recipe?
Oooo so many things
- White chocolate Chips
- Dark Chocolate chips
- Spices, cinnamon, all spice, etc
- A topping of Biscoff speed
- A topping of Nutella Spread
- Warm them up with custard? (banana Pudding 🙂 )
Oh I could go on and on…..
Let me know what you try
What size Banana Muffins? Muffin Cases….
You will see from the below the recipe makes 12 standard sized muffins theses take approx 13-15 minutes to bake
I like mine a little bigger so I used slightly larger muffin cases and made 9 – these take 15-17 minutes to bake
It really is up to you – just check the bake, they should be golden and spring back when touched
Just fill the cases whatever the size 3/4 full with batter, before they go in the oven
I like this style as they are a little more sturdy than the paper ones – here’s the link if it helps 🙂
How long will my Easy & Quick Banana Muffins last?
Well ion my house not long, my lot like to eat them warm out the oven
However if you pop them in an airtight tin, I’d say about 3 days
Can I freeze my Banana Muffins?
They also freeze well too, make sure they are wrapped really well and that you defrost at room temperature before consumption
Maximum 3 months in the freezer
Another Easy Muffin Recipe
If you like these easy Banana Muffins then I’m sure you’ll love these Lemon & Blueberry ones too 🙂
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
Easy Banana Muffins
- 90 g Butter melted
- 3 Bananas, medium Very Ripe, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs medium
- 125 g Soft brown sugar
- 250 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder level
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 120 g Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 170C (fan) 190C / 375F / Gas 5
- Take your melted butter and pop it in a medium bowl, make sure it's warm not hot
- Then add your mashed bananas, vanilla extract and eggs and whisk with a hand whisk until combined (it may look slightly lumpy form the bananas)
- Then add your sugar, self raising flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and mix until well combined. Do not over mix but ensure your flour is well incorporated
- Add your milk and 100g chocolate chips, holding back a few for the tops
- Pop your muffin or cupcakes cases into a muffin tin
- Divide the batter mixture equally between your muffin / cupcake cases
- Top each muffin with a few chocolate chips
- Bake in your pre-heated oven on a mid to high shelf, for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. They should spring back to the touch
- Remove from the oven, cool a little and dig in