Easy Orange Marmalade Cake
So here’s to a new cake for you – Easy Sticky Orange Marmalade Cake – which I always make in a loaf tin (I love a loaf cake)
We love a cake at Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy HQ and it seems you do too!
Trust me it tastes as good as it sounds!
It seems that we all still love a slice of traditional cake on Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
What I have realised recently is that we have nothing really that orangey on the blog do we? I know odd isn’t it?
I do have my lovely individual Clementine Upside Down Puds but that’s about it
And they are more of a lovely little orange pudding.
So back to the Cake
But I’m talking full on cake here!!
So here goes, I thought I’d share with you my Easy Orange Marmalade Loaf Cake. I really hope you like it?!
Do you like Marmalade?
If you do, you’ll love this, it certainly packs a marmalade punch in a cake form. It also looks so pretty with the orange slices along the top!
Marmalade Loaf Cake
So what actually is Marmalade? Well the official Wiki definition:
Marmalade is a fruit preserve made from the juice and peel of citrus fruits boiled with sugar and water.
The best-known version is made from bitter orange, but it is also made from lemons, limes, grapefruits, mandarins, sweet oranges, bergamots, and other citrus fruits, or a combination.
All I know is it really works so well in this cake! Can you see the lovely pieces of peel in the batter?
To serve your Marmalade Cake
You can eat it warm with custard, ice cream or cream. Or you can let it cool completely and have it cold with a nice cuppa!
Not sure it’ll last very long in the cake tin as it’s so good!
Let me know if you try this lovely lovely cake.
I so love to get your comments, really I do
Thanks Clare x
Easy Sticky Orange Marmalade Cake
- 2 Oranges one sliced thinly, one for zest and juice
- 50 g Demerara Sugar
- 175 g Butter at room temp
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 220 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 125 g Orange Marmalade
- 75 ml Orange juice see above
- 75 g caster sugar
- Pre-Heat the oven to Gas 4 / 180C
- Grease a 2lb / 900g loaf tin
- Sprinkle the base of the greased loaf tin with the Demerara Sugar
- Thinly slice one of the oranges - and place along the bottom of the loaf tin - slightly overlapping (see picture) - you probably won't need all the orange
- Cream your butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add one egg at a time beating well, don't worry if it curdles a little just keep mixing and add a tablespoon of the flour.
- Squeeze the remaining bit of orange juice into your cake mix and add your zest
- Then add the baking powder and flour, mix well Finally stir in the marmalade - mix through
- Pop mix into tin, smooth top and bake on the middle shelf for approx. 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean - watch the top make sure it doesn't burn - if it browns too quickly pop a piece of foil loosely over then top
- Whilst it bakes, make the syrup by pouring the orange juice and caster sugar into a pan and heat stirring until the sugar is dissolved - set aside
- Remove from oven and leave in the tin to cool slightly (10 minutes)
- Very carefully tip out onto a wire tray Leave to cool for a further 10 minutes
- Skewer the cake and drizzle the orange / sugar syrup over the top
- Then enjoy warm with custard, cream or ice-cream or cold with a cuppa!