Breakfast Bars made using Coconut oil
(or anytime bars 🙂 )
I’ve been experimenting a lot with coconut oil as the health benefits are supposed to be immense, even if the oil itself is very calorific. So heres my Breakfast Bars made using coconut oil!
They are so so delicious
CoConut Oil – BUT it’s good fat – apparently!
So I have developed the most wonderful ‘I should CoCo Bars’ perfect for breakfast or any time.
Who doesn’t want Breakfast Bars made using Coconut oil so scrummy.
Not on ly are these bars super delicious they are made with all natural ingredients and they are very good for you too!
They are made not only using Coconut oil, but:
- pumpkins seeds,
And not only are they great as an ‘on the run’ breakfast they are flipping lovely at anytime.
Coconut Oil for breakfast bars
These could be perfect before or after exercise! I used ‘VitaCoco’ as its raw and organic and readily available at the supermarket.
Did you know there are so many amazing uses for coconut oil – from recipes to skin & hair care and also for whitening teeth?!
I have a lot of experimenting to do and I’m looking forward to developing more recipes with Vito Coco Coconut Oil.
Already I’m using it for frying, lovely.
Next I hope to make a nice fruity loaf! Watch this space.
I also use it to remove my make-up – oh yes I do!
There’s a post on the website now – as I’ve done my homework. Extensively – so so many uses for coconut oil
It’s really interesting have a read – coconut oil – what’s it all about?
I’d love to know if you use coconut oil and what you use it for?
Let me know in the comments below – I love to get your messages
Breakfast Bars made with Coconut oil
- 125 g Raw Organic Coconut oil - it will be solid and white in appearance
- 125 g Honey - I used Clear
- 170 g Oats -I used Scotch Porridge I think you can get Gluten Free Oats
- 50 g Dried Cranberries
- 50 g Pumpkin Seeds
- 75 g Chopped Dried Apricots
- I wanted bars so I made mine in 2 loaf tins with liners
- Preheat the oven 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
- In a saucepan melt the coconut oil and honey until clear
- Add the oats, seeds and fruits stir really well
- Press the mix into the tin/s - I used the back of a spoon to level
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown and firm
- Leave to cool totally in the tin - you need to do this as tempting as it is to try some 🙂
- When cool cut into bars or squares - they are quite crumbly, but lovely and are firmer the next day