Crushed New Potatoes with garlic
Gosh I love potatoes – in any form? You? I really am a carbs girl! So when I saw this idea somewhere (can’t remember where – Maybe TikTok – maybe) it gave me an idea for Slimming Style Crushed New Potatoes
So I’ve adapted it and they are free!! Bring it on
So what new potatoes are best for crushing?
Well I adore Jersey Royals myself and rather are always my first choice – I simply love them
But I’ve also tried with many varieties and that all work, crushed / flattered or squashed – whatever you’d like to call them!
New potatoes start to appear in about April and traditionally are around until about July July. These days however, you are able to get hold of them all year round
How to make your crushed roasted new potatoes
Full details below on the recipe card
Cook our new potatoes until tender and drain
Simply line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with fry light, sprinkle with salt, black pepper and garlic granules
Then spread your potatoes out and using a glass squash gently, ensuring you keep your potato pretty whole – push down on the glass gently
Spray the top with fry light
Bake and turn half way through
Just look at them!
How to serve your Crushed New Potatoes
Well with anything really, any meal and everyone loves them
However I’ve been eating a lot out side at the moment (like all of us) so I like to do easy picky stuff that’s simply and tasty!
Recently I did tomato bruschetta with salads and a side of these tasty potatoes – delicious and super easy
They would also be lovely with my Crustless, free, quiche and a big salad! Yum
If you’re watching the fat then using fry light means they are free
If you’re not then use olive oil (they will go really crispy and maybe a sprinkling of parmesan – yum!!
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Crushed New Potatoes with garlic - slimming style
- 200 g New Potatoes
- Fry Light
- 10 g Garlic Granules
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- First boil your new potatoes in salted water for 20-25 minutes until tender
- Preheat the oven - hot 220C / 425F / Gas 7
- Drain your potatoes and leave on one side
- Line a baking tray with foil and spray with fry light, sprinkle with garlic granules, salt and black pepper
- Then pop your new potatoes on the tray with space around then
- Then using the base of a drinking glass, gently squash your potatoes
- Spray potatoes with fry light and pop in the hot oven for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes remove from the oven and using a spatular turn them over, spray agin and bake for a further 10 minutes until crispy and golden brown
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with your parsly and dig in