Easy Potato Salad No Nonsense – BBQ Time!
Possibly the nicest potato salad ever – big claim?
A superb Easy Potato salad Recipe – No Nonsense! It really is so good and so simple
It’s not like that slimy shop bought stuff, why would you by that?!
I even find that most of the time the potato isn’t even soft, possibly not cooked enough?
I simply don’t like it and even the premium supermarket ones are still odd??
Just make your own, lower in cost and larger in taste 🙂
Healthy Potato Salad
With this lovely recipe you can also use low fat mayo to keep it low and a little healthier.
Or just go for it and use the full-fat version! To be honest I can’t tell the difference
I love this easy no nonsense potato salad, like really love it – but I am a carb monster!
With the crispy bacon on top it’s almost a tasty meal in itself!
I can eat shed loads – really!
Jersey Royal Potatoes, perfect for Potato Salad
I combine beautiful beautiful Jersey Royal New Potatoes (any will do though) with spring onions, celery (church) and crispy smoked bacon.
All this combined with a lovely Mayo & Creme Fraiche dressing.
Look at the ingredients so simple
Look at how simple it is and it makes so much too!
Fresh and light – yum yum, a dash of lemon juice adds that final touch.
So at the BBQ get ahead and make a massive bowl of this, because then there’s no need for hot new potatoes, genius!
It’s a great dish to feed the masses!
If you make this the main potato dish at your party / BBQ you will also manage to get out of the kitchen and have loads of time enjoy the BBQ with friends and family
Try it – your family and friends will love it.
Makes a perfect accompaniment to ALL that BBQ food or a summer garden party!
Can I make my Potato Salad and store it in the fridge?
Yes yes you can!!
I normally make mine the day before, so all the hassle is out the way, but covered it will keep perfectly in the fridge for 3 days
Other perfect BBQ Salads
This Potato Salad served cold is the most perfect side at a BBQ
You can make it up ahead off time and simply pop it in the fridge until you are ready to serve your BBQ’ed meats
I have loads of great sides fitting for any BBQ table or summer party : –
I always make my famous Greek Pasta Salad
And my Asian Slaw too – refreshing and goes down well always
I have so many grilling / BBQ recipes – just use the search bar and have a gander!
Summer Salad Recipes
And here’s a collection of my favourite BBQ Side Salads
Other tasty BBQ Ideas
Instead of the normal sausages and burger, why not try my Easy Spicy Lamb Koftas – so good!!
Finally – the Salad Dressings
And if you’re interested in Salad Dressings too, this guide may also help
Have a wonderful summer eating alfresco!!
Easy No Nonsense Potato salad
- 600 g Jersey Royal New Potatoes
- Bunch spring onions
- Handful sniped chives
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 3 rashers Smoked Bacon
- 100 g Low fat Mayo
- 50 g 1/2 Fat Creme Fraiche
- End teaspoon English mustard not too much!
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1/2 juice of Lemon
- Boil the Jersey Royals until soft approx. 20 minutes
- In the meantime trim the spring onions and chop, snip the chives and chop the celery into small cubes
- Grill the Bacon until its very crispy - put on one side
- In a small bowl mix together the Mayo, Creme Fraiche, Mustard, Salt & Black Pepper - pop in fridge
- When the Potatoes are done, drain then roughly chop into large pieces an place in a large bowl. (Be careful they don't break up).
- Whilst hot squeeze juice of 1/2 Lemon over the Potatoes. Leave to cool.
- When cool add chives, (reserve a few for garnish) Spring Onions, Celery and then the Mayo mix, carefully combine and place into presentation bowl.
- Break-up the Bacon on the top and sprinkle with snipped chives