Healthy Tandoori Chicken
This healthy Tandoori chicken recipe is simply delicious and it’s another lovely dinner for your repotoire.
It packs a huge flavour punch and is so so healthy and so low fat.
Very very easy , I love it so much and can’t believe I haven’t already got it on my website. Anyway here it is 🙂
FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST
So what actually is Tandoori Chicken?
Well according to Wikipedia
Tandoori chicken is a chicken dish prepared by roasting chicken marinated in yogurt and spices in a tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven.
The dish originated from the Indian subcontinent and is popular in many other parts of the world. Wikipedia
The Ingredients for healthy Tandoori Chicken
In this recipe I’ve used Chicken mini breast fillets, because I love them!! I think they are the perfect size
You could also use chicken thighs or chicken breasts but cut into large strips
So as you can see not that many ingredients really – but boy this packs a punch spice wise – yummy
How do you make Tandoori Chicken?
It really is very simple you simply mix your spices, lemon juice together and add your chicken
Then marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes – or even overnight in the fridge
Once you’re ready for your supper, you simply pop them on a baking tray (I use baking paper as its so much easier on the washing up)
You are also going to bake on a very high temperature as you need some ‘charred bits’ – you know as if it’s been in a clay oven
What to serve with your Tandoori Chicken
Well I serve mine with some love boiled Basmati Rice and lots of fresh Coriander (I love coriander) also called cilantro is the US
I also make a salad as seen in the picture
I simply chop an onion a large tomato and a piece of cucumber.
Season that with salt and pepper and few fresh mints leaves chopped and the juice of half a lime or lemon
it’s fresh and so delicious
It also adds some moisture to the dish as there’s not sauce with the chicken
You could also serve it with a big dollop of fat free yoghurt
It’s free on your slimming regime – yes you heard it here first
Make sure you use fat free natural yoghurt
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Other tasty morsels:
If you fancy this recipe I also think you’d love my creamy Chicken Curry
Tandoori Chicken, slimming style
- 385 g Chicken Breast Mini Fillets or chicken breasts cut into 3
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Marsala
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1/2 lemon squeezed for juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 170 g tub Fat Free Yoghurt I used Fage greek 0%
- Fry Light
- Fresh Coriander handful, torn
- In a bowl mix your spices with the garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and yoghurt, give it a good stir
- Add your chicken mini fillets and stir with a spoon, really really well, ensuring all your fillets are covered in the yoghurt spice mix
- Cover bowl and leave in the fridge for minimum 30 minutes and up to overnight
- When you are ready ro eat Preheat your oven to 220C/450F/Gas7 (hot)
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper or foil and spray with Fry Light
- Using a fork remove each chicken mini fillet and lay it on your baking tray with space around each fillet
- Bake on the top shelf of your oven for 12 minutes
- Remove from the oven, turn the fillets over, spray again with Fry Light and pop back in for a further 12 minutes
- Whilst they are cooking, prepare your rice and salad
- Remove your chicken from the oven, it should be golden brown with a few scorched bits
- Lay your tandoori chicken on your rice, sprinkle with your coriander and dig in