Paprika chicken with garlic & honey – smokey
I know I know I have a lot of chicken recipes, but I love it! So here we have another easy flavour packed Tray Bake dinner (my favourite type) Smoked paprika chicken with garlic & honey on a bed of delicious vegetables
The Smoked paprika with the soft slightly honey sweet tasty chicken on a bed of flavour packed veggies is just bliss.
It’s the perfect week night tray bake – just chuck it in the oven!
Just look at it and it’s so easy – I promise
So what actually is Paprika?
Paprika is made by drying a particular type of sweet pepper, it is then ground to a fine, rich red powder.
So what about the smoked variety?
Well it’s made from dried pimiento peppers and then smoked over an oak fire Then it’s ground and milled into fine powder.
I love this complex flavour and vivid colour and use it quite often in my recipes.
I love that it’s not ‘hot & spice’ but complex and warm and the smoked note just adds so much to so many recipes
Step by Step too the perfect Paprika Chicken Recipe -Tray Bake
Full details on the recipe card below
Step 1 _ veggies and spices
Pop your veggies in on a baking sheet or ovenproof dish like this – add your spices and garlic
Bake in the oven for 15 minutes
Step 2 – chicken strips & paprika
Whilst your veggies are roasting prepare your chicken mini fillets
Step 3 – Bake your Paprika Chicken
After 15 minutes remove your veggies from the oven and pop your paprika seasoned chicken strips on top
Bake for 15 minutes, then drizzle a small amount of honey on the chicken
When everything is cooked and golden brown – add your fresh herbs…
Step 4 – serve your Tray Bake Paprika Chicken
What to serve with your paprika chicken
To be honest I have it just as it is as a light midweek supper, as it has so many veggies in it! However if you want too stretch it a little further and made a full meal out of it, it’s simple
You can serve with:
- Steamed broccoli and peas
- A jacket potato maybe
- New potatoes
- Lovely with brown rice
It really is so versatile
I hope you have a try and love it as much as we do
I love an easy chicken traybake don’t you?
Paprika Chicken Recipe – all in one tray
Not only is this paprika chicken recipe all in one tray, it take merely 15 mins to prep (if that) and you just bang it in the oven
This makes for a perfect midweek meal – when time is tight
The Easy Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Oh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Much Love Clare x
Another Tasty Chicken Recipe
If you love this then I think you’d also really like my Satay Chicken Skewers
Other tasty recipes
If you’re looking for another chicken traybake then why not try my Easy Sunday Dinner – all on one tray 🙂
Or how about my easy healthier Beef Enchiladas?
So good! Tasty and quick
A weeks Healthy Heating guide
And if you want a further hand with some ideas for a complete 7 days here it is
Smoked Paprika Chicken with honey & garlic
- 2 Leeks Trinned and cut into 2cm slices
- 1/2 Butternut squash Peeled, deseeded and slices into 5cm x 3cm wedges
- 1 Large Red Onion Peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 Large carrots Peeled and slice into 5cm thick batons
- 15 gram Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika
- 1 Garlic Cloves Peeled & finally chopped
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 300 gram Chicken breast mini fillets Or breasts sliced into 4's lengthways / 300g-400g chicken if you prefer
- 1 Garlic, clove Peeled & finally chopped
- 10 g Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Black pepper to season
- 25 gram Honey
- Fresh Herbs
- Preheat your oven 200C Fan / 225C / 425F / Gas 7
- Grab yourself a heavy bottomed baking tray or large rectangular ovenproof dish
- Throw in your slices leeks, butternut squash, onion chicks and carrot batons
- Drizzle with olive oil (or use 1 cal spray if you prefer) and toss around
- Make sure you have a layer of veggies equally spread out. Next sprinkle with your 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, finely chopped garlic and salt and pepper.
- Again toss around and pop in the oven for 10 minutes
- In a small bowl add your chicken mini fillets, your chopped garlic, a drizzle of olive oil, 1 teaspoon paprika and salt & pepper. Mix until all chicken pieces have a covering of oil and spices - pop on one side
- Remove your baking tray from the oven and move the roasting vegetable around. Then carefully lay your chicken pieces across the top of the vegetable - again in a single layer
- Pop back in the oven and roast for a further 20 minutes, then pull it out the oven and drizzle a small amount of honey on each piece of chicken
- Pop back into the oven and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until your chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh herbs
- Simply plate up and serve on it's own or with potatoes and peas - Enjoy