Easy Sticky Chicken
So I’m going to treat you to my version of Easy Sticky Chicken, slimming style 🙂
I know I know another chicken dish!! I can’t help it – I love it and chicken is so lean and versatile.
Honey, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, garlic and ginger – so so good!
The ginger and garlic really make it for me
Sticky and sweet with a hint of warmth from the ginger. This is is a balanced blend of all those lovely flavours with a really sticky texture
Sweet & Sticky – just look at it
The Ingredients for Sticky Chicken
It’s a really simple recipe and it’s really wonderful
No fancy pants stuff here, just Easy Peasy lemon squeezy
Marinading your Sticky Chicken
This is such an easy recipes, simply toss all your marinade ingredients together
Add your chicken, stir really well cover and pop in the fridge to marinade for minimum 30 minutes
If you have longer then marinade for longer – the flavour only improves
Into the pan – yum yum – sticky chicken
It will look a little watery at this stage, but as it cooks it will reduce and at the end be golden and sticky
Be CAREFUL here as you will see it go very brown and super sticky – remove it from the heat at that point else it will burn.
(It’s the honey that does this)
Winner Winner Sticky Chicken Dinner
And the finished article after 20 minutes in the pan
Beautiful & golden – sticky, sweet and delicious – it’s SOOOOO good
What to serve with your Easy Sticky Chicken
Simply serve with boiled rice maybe?
I also love it with tender stem broccoli and asparagus, which I pop in a pan with Fry Light and a tablespoon of water (lid on)
I also guess it would be great with noodles too? And maybe spring onions and mushrooms in the noodles? Yum!
I also eat the sticky chicken cold and chopped in salads, it really is so good. Sticky and so full of flavour, borimngh salads are banished 🙂
Storing, Freezing your Sticky Chicken
If there are any leftovers – which I doubt, y our Sticky Chicken will keep really well in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Make sure you cool your chicken, pop in a airtight container and refrigerate as soon as cool
When you are ready to reheat (it’s good cold too) you can use a pan on the hob or a microwave. Just make sure it is piping hot all the way through
You can also freeze this Sticky Chicken. but in my honest opinion is not as good after. However if you’d like too, again pop its in an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. Let it thaw and then reheat as above
Everything is free except the honey
If you want to count the Syns for SW – honey is 2.5 per Tablespoon – so that’s 5 for the whole dish
= 2.5 per portion as this serves 2
So let me know how you get on and I’d love it if you dropped a comment below this post
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes .
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Easy Peasy Slimming Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Oh and why not join me on Instagram – I’d love to see you there 🙂
Big Love Clare x
And if you fancy it I’ve grouped
Another Tasty Chicken Recipe
If you love this then I think you’d also really like my Satay Chicken Skewers
Other tasty Morsels
If you love this dish then I really think you’d like my Peri Peri Chicken – also really easy and packed with flavour
I think you’d also like my lovely Easy Lemon Chicken too
Also my Easy Sweet Paprika Chicken with honey is a winner
Easy Sticky Chicken, slimming style
- Thumb ginger peeled & grated
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and grated
- 2 level tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Light Soy Sauce Salt Black Pepper
- 400 g Chicken Breasts or mini fillets cut into 1- 11/2 inch cubes or 3-4cm cubes
- Fry Light
- Grab yourself a medium sized bowl and add your grated fresh ginger, grated garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar, light soy sauce and your salt and pepper, mix well with a spoon
- Next tip in your chicken cubes into the mix and stir really well so all of your chicken is coated in the lovely marinade. Cover and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes minimum. Longer if you have the time
- Remove your chicken from the fridge and spray a large frying pan with Fry light and tip the entire bowl full of chicken loveliness into the frying pan
- Fry over a medium heat for minimum 20 minutes, you will see the liquid start to get thicker as it reduces.
- You will then see it goes a beautiful dark golden colour and very sticky - remove from the heat (do not burn it - watch it all the time at this point) Make sure your chicken is full cooked
- Then you are ready to serve on warm plates or bowls with your rice and vegetables - enjoy