BBQ Time! Simple Halloumi Skewers
It’s BBQ season and we need loads of lovely stuff don’t we?! Not just boring burgers and sausages…. So I thought I’d share these super simple Halloumi Skewers! They are delicious
So these lovey Halloumi Skewers with vegetables are delicious and such a change and are perfect for meat eater and vegetarians too.
They are so so simple to make I was almost thinking about not even writing a recipe ha ha!
That’s how easy they are
And because it’s Halloumi on the skewers it doesn’t melt off the skewer as Halloumi holds its shape!
Even when grilled or BBQ’ed – perfect
Squeaky Cheese – Halloumi – Vegetarians
So I call Halloumi cheese, squeaky cheese, as it squeaks when you chew it!
Traditionally prepared from sheep’s milk in the Greek island of Cyprus, halloumi is a soft curd-like cheese free of rennet.
It is safe for vegetarians who do not eat rennet.
You can basically add anything you like to these skewers – tomatoes, yellow peppers whatever!
However these use courgettes, mushrooms, onions and peppers – yum!
I also brush with chilli and garlic marinade sometimes, but not every time, depending on who’s coming round.
So have a go, why not?
And remember if you’re making these using wooden not metal skewers don’t forget to soak those sticks so they don’t burn!
Enjoy the lovely summer and let me know how you get on! I love to get your comments
And you don’t just have to have them n the summer at BBQ’s – try them under the grill anytime
BBQ Halloumi or on the grill!
As you know I have a lot of fab salads and lots of desserts too – all perfect for the summer season!
Other BBQ ideas!
Hoe about my Easy Satay Chicken Skewers – they are so so good and very good on the nutrition front!
Just look at them 🙂
My Avocado & Sweetcorn Salsa Salad is a must I promise:
and my No Mayo Coleslaw too!
In fact here’s a whole collection of BBQ side ideas
And for your BBQ / Grilling dessert
How about my easy S’mores? Delicious and so much fun
Have a look around, try searching salads or BBQ, just pop it in the search bar – and see what comes up!
Enjoy the sunshine and the BBQ food
Love Clare x
Simple Halloumi Skewers - BBQ!!!
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet chilli sauce
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 large Courgettes cut into 1.5cm rounds
- 1 Red Onion peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1/2 box Mushrooms leave whole if Button, half if larger
- 1 Red Pepper deseeded and chopped into large pieces
- 1 250 g Packet Halloumi Cheese chopped into 2cm squares
- Mix all the marriage ingredients together, pop on one side
- Start making the skewers, simply slice the vegetables and Hallomi onto the metal or wooden skewers once they are all complete place on a baking tray and brush with the marinade
- Place on the outside area of the BBQ (not directly in the centre BBQ for 10-15 minutes turning a couple of times and brushing on more marinade
- When all the veggies are tender, remove from the BBQ and serve