Retro Choc Chip Cookies
These Choc Chip Cookies are simply soooooo good.
Not those dry crumbly old things, but all soft and gooey, just like a cookie should be.
They are super easy and simple to make but yet exquisitly flipping delicious!
Go on have a go, or get the kids to have a go, I get pictures all the time of kids with their own baked cookies.
I love that – so if you do make them please please send a photo! ….
You know I think it’s really important that we teach our kids to cook!
Fundamentally one o the best things we can do? It’s such an important life skill!
Let the kids bake cookies
So you could make them together, so quick and easy the kids love baking and it’s wonderful to watch them cook.
They get to eat them and I promise they won’t last long 🙂
I absolutely know that once you’ve shown them how to make them, they will be in the kitchen making them for the whole family!
And probably very often!
You’ll be everyones best friend if you serve these beauties!
Let me know what you think? I so love to get your comments!
And if you love biscuits why not check out my Pistachio & Lime ones, they are divine and they have zero chocolate
Choc Chip Cookies - Retro!
- 150 g Butter softened
- 120 g Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
- 40 g Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 225 g Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Milk
- 200 g Real Choc Chips I use Willies Chef Drops or chop a Very Good bar of chocolate into chunks
- Pre-heat oven 190C(170 fan)/375F/Gas 5
- Line 2 large baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Cream Butter and sugars together until light and fluffy
- Add the egg - beating into the mix
- Sift Flour, Salt and Bicarbonate of Soda on top and mix with a wooden spoon until combined
- Finally stir in the milk and chocolate chunks
- Place teaspoons of mix on the baking trays and bake for 8-10 mins until lightly golden, crispy on the outside and still soft in the middle
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before transferring to cooling rack!