Minted Lamb Patties – Traybake!!
Tray Bake Alert!!
Oh I love lamb but I also know it can be expensive for mid week, so here I have used minced lamb to make these amazing Minted Lamb Patties, or Male lamb balls, or if squished out – I guess they’re lamb burgers 🙂
I also dearly love a one pot wonder or a one tray wonder.
So easy, limited washing up and next to no effort!
To make your Lamb Patties / burgers
You simply take your minced lamb, mint, breadcrumbs and seasoning and roll into small lamb balls. If you squish them out then they could also be burgers? Would be perfect on the BBQ in the summer months?
Then pop them on top of your veggies and roast!!
In other words a great tray bake and here you have it, these Minted Lamb Patties with Roasted Vegetables totally fits the bill!
Go on have a go at these lovely Lamb balls with Roasted Vegetables, let me know if you like it.
It’s such a tasty dinner – we love it
Please drop me a comment and let me know what you think, I so love your comments
Lamb and Mint
The flavours go so well together, a marriage made ion heaven
Fresh mint is the best to use. You can also grow it in your garden very easily
And gif you have any left then use in in a cocktail maybe
My Moscow Mule is perfect 🙂
Can I freeze my Lamb Patties / Burgers
Yes you can and it’s a greta way to batch and cut down on time
I usually make double quantise and freeze half unbaked
I freeze them open for a couple of hours on a tray and then bag them up
They will be perfect, if packed well for 2-3 months
That way you can grab from the freezer in the morning, defrost in the fridge and bake in the evening for supper
Other Lamb Dishes
If you love lamb then I think you’ll like my left over lamb biryani. It’s easy tasty and also a one pot wonder
Jam packed with spices and flavour, so good!
Oh and if you try and of the recipes, please do let me know
I really love the feedback
Easy Minted Lamb Patties, or burgers
- 500 g Minced Lamb buy the low fat mince if possible as it tends to be a bit fatty
- Handful of Fresh Mint leaves finely chopped
- 2 slices old white bread made into breadcrumbs -just food process or grate
- 3 Tablespoons Milk
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Carrots scraped and halved longways
- 2 Parsnips peeled and halved longways
- 8 new potatoes or small old potatoes quartered
- 3 Onions peeled and quartered
- 2 Leeks chopped into 3cm slices
- 3 Garlic Cloves peeled and chopped into 2
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil or zero cal spray max as it will be too fatty
- Handful torn Mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6
- Tip your minced lamb into a bowl and add the chopped Mint
- Soak your breadcrumbs in the milk in a small bowl
- Season the lamb mix and finally add the breadcrumbs and mix well
- With damp hands, mould golfball sized balls, should make about 12
- In a large Oven tray add the Olive oil and all the chopped veggies, season and finally add a handful of mint leaves, using 2 spoons toss around making sure all the vegetables are coated in oil (or zero cal spray)
- Pop the lamb patties on top of the vegetables
- Put in the oven, after 30 minutes remove and give it a toss around - put the oven up to 220C /425F / Gas7 and return to oven for a further 20 -30 minutes (keep your eye on it) until everything is roasted and golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with torn mint leaves
- Now serve these darling Minted Lamb Patties and Roasted Veggies with maybe some peas and see what everyone thinks.