Mason Jar Salads – Tips & Ideas
It’s time to go back to work and it’s time to right all those wrongs over the last few weeks. These Mason Jar Salads are a wonderful idea for work, as they are so easy to do.
You can prepare a few in advance – I’ve heard up to a week. I usually do 3 for 3 days – they work perfectly.
Why don’t you have a go?
The good thing about these are you can just simply experiment and they look so flipping pretty!
Go on have a go at these Mason jar Salad and make sure you show me yours! I’d love to see them.
You make them and then simply pop them in your bag – go to work – pop it in the fridge – perfect!
You then simply just tip or shake and tip and hey presto a lovely fresh salad- perfect healthy lunch!
I hope this Mason Jar Salads – Tips & Ideas post, inspires you to have a go – seriously salads don’t have to be boring!
So here’s the how on Mason Jar Salads
All you really need is a glass Kilner / Mason Jar and I’m sure they would also be fine in a glass Jam Jar (cleaned in boiling water)
They are ace as you can make a couple of salads at a time and store in the fridge and then just grab them in the morning.
Please don’t use plastic – glass simply keeps the salad fresher in my view – and you can see inside – its so nice
How long do Mason Jar Salads last?
I’d say maximum 4 days – in the fridge!
That’s if you’ve packed them correctly and sealed them well
Ideas for Jar Salads
Let me give you some guide as to how to do them:
1. Always start with you dressing in the bottom – this is VERY important – this stops your salad going soggy. Choose low fat – even better!
2. Then you need to layer tightly starting with the heaviest at the bottom and layer up to the lightest ingredients at the top – so leaves, lettuce, herbs etc always at the top. This stop anything becoming soggy and it’s as fresh and crisp as a daisy.
3. At lunch time simply remove from the fridge – shake and tip on a plate – dig in
3. Be inventive with your ingredients – you could make any style of salad you like, here are things I’ve used
- seeds (pumpkin are my favourite)
- salad leaves
How long do they last – well mine have never made it past 3 days, I just love them :-).
However I have heard that packed properly can stay fresh for over 5 days
Have a go and let me know how you get on? Please comment below with any ideas or questions
I also have some lovely ideas for that dreaded Lunch Box pack-up – have a gander
My Mason Jar Salad served
Just look at it – so easy!
And lunch is there and ready
And if you love bowl Salads
I think you’d love this chicken bowl salad – Buddha Bowl