Easy Whole Roasted Cauliflower woo hoo!
Now you’ve probably seen these before? But have you ever tried to make a Whole Roasted Cauliflower?
Well let me tell you , you really should. It’s so flipping easy and everything that easy peasy lemon squeezy is all about.
You could almost use it as the main focus to your meal.
I always find cauliflower quite substantial. And actually quite ‘meaty’ as a vegetable. I happen to adore cauliflower 🙂
You’ve probably see in restaurants ‘cauliflower steaks’ as a main? Well it works let me tell you!
You use the whole cauliflower and no washing up!! No Pans!!! Pop it in the oven with your other things and you’re good to go
If you use spices and olive oil then this is so so easy to make vegan!
It’s also really low carb and you can make it super healthy too!
So how do you roast a whole cauliflower?
Well you can rub (dry or wet) almost anything you fancy on the outside!! Garlic, oil, spices – whatever
Somehow it becomes the most delicious soft intense tasty cauliflower ever and what a great centre piece for any table.
Try experimenting with flavours! So many choices and ideas!
Mine isn’t vegan as I used Parmesan as it is such a strong intense savoury flavour! So good.
I have also used chilli and spices too, it works!! Tahini is another good one too
I did this one with Olive Oil, Butter, Parmesan, Salt, Black pepper and Parsley – yum!
Almost a cheats cauliflower cheese?
What a beautiful cauliflower!
Look how lovely it looks – quite impressive I think
Have a try at baking a whole Cauli?
So come on guys – have a go! You’ll never boil or steam your cauli again! Just have a go at this totally easy recipe!
Please let me know how you get on when you try an this Baked Cauliflower recipe and drop me a comment below this post, I so love your comments and I’d love to hear what you do with yours, maybe a few spices?
Other Cauliflower ideas
If you like this recipe you’ll also probably love my Cauliflower Rice Salad recipe too, so tasty and so healthy!
Cheers & Lovely Lemons
Easy Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium Cauliflower leaves removed and the core at the bottom cut straight across - so it stands in the baking tray
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 25 g Parmesan finely grated
- Black Pepper
- Handful of chopped Parsley
- Pre-Heat your oven 200C / 400F / Gas 6
- Find yourself a nice deep baking tray
- Pop your trimmed Cauliflower in the bottom, drizzle over the 2 tablespoons olive oil, then using your hands, rub the oil all over the cauliflower, season well with Salt & Pepper
- Cover the tin with foil - sealing really well and pop your tray on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 45 minutes (maybe a little longer if you have a large cauliflower)
- Remove from the oven, (check its tender by sliding a knife in) dab the butter all over the top of the Cauliflower, followed by the grated Parmesan and season well
- Return to the oven without the foil for 15 minutes until the cauliflower is nice and golden
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chopped Parsley and dig in!!