Stuffed Peppers with Turkey & Cheese
Here’s an old classic brought bang up to date – here’s my stuffed peppers with turkey & cheese’ replaces the old stuffed peppers!
I’ve been thinking about developing a nice recipe with turkey mince for a while.
It’s so good for you and so under utilised, it’s low cost and low fat.
So I’m trying for simple tasty recipes with a HEALTHY EPLS edge and I think I’ve managed it!
Low Carb Stuffed Peppers
This recipe is also very low carb which is also a bonus. You should have a try, I think you’d be surprised at just how tasty it is.
I’ve added a touch of chilli as I like a bit of spice BUT you really don’t need to.
Make sure you get a really strong Cheese that way you can use less and still get the flavour.
I choose my fave cheese of the moment Comte! It seeps through and makes these Turkey Pepper Boats so juicy and yummy.
I had a plate full served with a little stir fried Courgetti – I’m trying to be uber good.
Turkey is high in zinc, B vitamins, phosphorus, tryptophan, selenium and protein.
It is low in saturated fat, cholesterol, provided that you do not eat the skin.
It can be a part of a healthy eating plan, especially since it is a good source of protein. … Turkey is loaded with trytophan, a sleep-inducing amino acid. (I need to eat more turkey!!)
What to serve with Stuffed Peppers?
Of so so many things
- Cauliflower rice salad – if you’re on a low carb thing….so good
- New potatoes, potato wedges or maybe my perfect healthy Oven Chips
- Crisp green salad with maybe with loads of cucumber, tomatoes, sweetcorn, beetroot
- Stir-fried courgette maybe?
Basically there are so many things, just give them a try 🙂
If you’re following SW – it’s only the cheese you need to count – maybe your Healthy A?
Light Summer Stuffed Peppers
It’s almost summer 🙂 BUT I will not eat boring flavourless low fat bought food.
I would rather take healthy ingredients and try and turn them into something really tasty and satisfying.
I think using baby mixed coloured peppers also makes them look super cute!
I hope you’ll give these Stuffed Peppers with Turkey & Cheese a try and if you do please leave me a comment below.
I love to receive your comments #HEALTHYEPLS
Another Turkey Mince Recipe
And why not give Turkey mince another go?
I have a recipe on Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy for really delicious Turkey Burgers with pesto!
Have a look
The Slimming Group
I also have a Facebook Closed Group called Easy Peasy Slimming Style Recipes
Come over and join this great honest community Facebook for Slimming Style Recipes if you’re interested
Just use the join button if you like real home cooked tasty easy food!!
We support encourage and laugh!!
Loads of tips and tricks – I promise
Big Love Clare x
Stuffed Peppers with Turkey & Cheese
- 8 Mixed BABY peppers
- 250 g Turkey breast mince 2% fat
- 2 shallots or 1/2 brown onion finely diced
- 1 Clove Garlic - sliced & diced finely
- Chicken stock cube
- Good hand full of mushrooms sliced & diced
- Good handful Cherry tomatoes halved
- Touch of Red Chilli deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Handful Basil leaves torn
- 75 g Medium Matured Cheddar Cheese sliced or Half fat cheddar
- Preheat the oven 200C/400F/Gas 6
- In a large frying pan add your turkey mince, garlic & onions - fry over a high heat for 10 minutes until it starts to brown and there's no pink!
- Add chopped mushrooms, crumble the stock cube and season, fry for a further 5 minutes, stirring often, finally stir in the tomatoes and give it another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the torn basil leaves (reserve a few leaves for garnish), stir and remove from the heat
- In the meantime slice your peppers lengthways. Remove seeds and insides, lay them in an oven proof dish
- Stuff the peppers with the turkey mince mix and top each one with a slice of Cheese
- Pop in the oven for 25- 30 minutes and bake until golden
- Serve - garnish with a little basil and dig in!