Prawn Pasta with rocket and lemon
A delicious, quick and easy Prawn Pasta with rocket & lemon – flavour packed and fresh!
Ready in under 30 minutes – perfect for midweek
So this beautiful lady is my dear sis-in-law and she has agreed to share her fresh summer Pasta with Prawns & Rocket recipe
It’s one to really enjoy!!!
You may have noticed that in the last few years there have been no prawn recipes on Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.
I’m so sorry about that! Well to be honest it’s because I’m allergic to prawns like really allergic!
So no Pasta & Prawn suppers for me 🙁 and I love prawns
However this recipe is super easy and super quick, perfect for a busy evening.
So thanks Kathy for your help here
Ingredients for your Pasta with Prawns & Rocket
And so simple, here are the ingredients!
So what you need for this supper is really simple:
- Pasta – any type, but here we’ve used spaghetti and also we’ve used tagliatelle
- Peeled raw prawns (they shouldn’t be already cooked) you can buy them fresh or you can buy bags of frozen ones – both work perfectly
- Garlic for flavour, chilli for heat – as much or little as you like
- Sun-dried Tomato pasta – from any supermarket and it packs a punch flavour wise
- Some lemon juice for zing
- Rocket for flavour and colour
- Salt pepper and Olive oil!
Pasta & prawns supper
We all love a good old pasta dish don’t we? The ease of pasta suppers is perfect, tasty and so quick and convenient
And you don’t just have to save this prawn recipe for the summer! Although it’s perfect for al fresco dining!
This is the perfect quick supper any season!
It’s ready in under 30 minutes and it tastes delicious
What can you serve with your Prawn and Rocket Pasta?
Well it’s a meal in itself, but of course if you need more maybe a lovely green salad and some garlic bread
And obviously a nice clean crisp glass of white wine?
Other prawn recipes
So as I can’t work with prawns because of my allergy I’m looking for your help
So if any of you guys have a lovely prawn recipe I could share then I’d really appreciate it!!
I’d love you to guest post, just make it and take a couple of snaps, send me the ingredients list and the method and I’ll take care of the rest.
Please I’d really appriciate the help Cx
This dish is so simple, looks and smells amazing – I’m told it tastes delicious too!
Shame I can’t try it 🙂
If you have a go at this lovely pasta with prawns recipe, then please let me now and leave me a comment below
Other Pasta Suppers
Pasta is such a versatile ingredient and super quick for busy nights with the family, or alone. I just love it! #carbmonster
I have a lot of dinners based around pasta but one of my favourites is Roasted Vegetable Pasta.
It’s delicious and so easy! Vegetarian too 🙂
Another Pasta supper you might like
Here’s Carols Pasta supper – you bake it all in the oven
And it you just fancy a super easy and simple Spaghetti with tomato sauce, then Sara’s Italian recipe is super
Pasta with prawns & rocket
- 455 g Dried spaghetti or tagliatelle
- 400 g peeled raw prawns
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil 3 good glugs
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled & finely chopped
- 1 - 2 red chillies chopped use to your taste
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 2 heaped tablespoons of sun-dried tomato purée
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 2 handfuls of rocket roughly chopped
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the chilli & garlic.
- As the garlic starts to colour add the prawns & fry for a minute then add the wine & tomato purée & simmer for a few minutes.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain ( reserve a little of the cooking liquid) & toss the pasta in the sauce, add the lemon juice, half the rocket & loosen with a little of the reserved cooking water if need be.
- Season to taste & sprinkle with the remaining rocket & lemon zest.
- Delicious with a glass (or two) of crisp dry white wine!