Easy Pasta Bake – In The Oven!
The lovely Carole has offered to share one of her family favourite supper dishes and it looks delicious! Caroles favourite easy pasta Bake- in the oven!
They love it and have this dish at least twice a month!
These sort of ‘Pasta in the oven’ suppers are such staples in our busy family lives! So simple, easy, quick and so tasty!
They call it ….‘ Carole’s Favourite Pasta In The Oven!’
It may seem a bit of a faff first time around but it really doesn’t take long to throw together.
It can also be made ahead of time (just needs a little longer on the oven)
It s delicious blend of Penne pasta, tomatoes, chorizo, courgettes and lovely creamy fresh Mozzarella topped with Basil!
I’m drooling just trying this up!
So have a go at Carole’s Favourite Pasta!
I do so love it when I get a great new recipe for easypeasyemonsqueezy which is a real family affair! So have a go folks and let us know how you get on and what you think!
Thank you Carole 🙂
Pasta Bake before the oven
Pasta Bake out the oven
If you love this quick and easy recipe I think you might also love my Quick Prawn Pasta with Rocket
Please drop a comment under the recipe post
Easy Pasta Bake
- 18cm x 30cm oven proof dish
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 350 gram Dried Pasta penne
- 1 Courgette / zucchini sliced and then slices halved
- 1 Red Pepper deseeded & cut in 1cm strips
- 400 gram Chopped tomatoes can
- 150 gram Chorizo cut into 1/2 cm pieces
- 125 gram Ball fresh Mozzarella
- Fresh Basil
- Heat a pan of water and cook your dried pasta according to on pack instructions
- In a frying pan add your olive oil and gently fry your courgette and peppers until soften and browned
- About half way through the pasta cooking time spray some oil in a small pan and add a few torn basil leaves.
- When wilted add the tin of chopped tomatoes and heat through.
- Drain the pasta when cooked and return to the pan. Mix in the chopped tomatoes, pepper and courgette.
- Tip the mixture into the oven proof dish.
- Tear up the mozzarella and blob around the top.
- Tuck the chorizo in between the mozzarella cheese
- Tear up some more basil leave and dot around to make it look colourful