Chicken Pesto & Pine-Nut Pasta
This Chicken Pesto & Pine-Nut Pasta is a REALLY super easy supper.
We all love a quick pasta supper don’t we? I know I do!
Pasta is so versatile and so quick when you’re working or have very little time.
It’s full of flavour and quick to make.
What I would call a total babe!
Everything that easy peasy lemon squeezy is all about!
I really try hard to give you tasty and useful life recipes. You know the ones you can pull out the bag when necessary!
I know I’ve used this one many many times and it never fails to deliver on flavour.
Pasta for your Chicken Pesto & Pine-Nut Pasta
Of course you don’t have to use penne if you prefer you can use any shape you like, so many to choose from.
Penne works so well though! I do like experimenting with different shaped pastas!
Also just a tip, make sure you get a lovely golden brown on your chicken pieces.
It really is where all the flavour is, it’s the caramelisation that’s the thing.
Pesto with Pasta & Chicken topped with Pine-Nuts
You can make your own pesto of course, it’s really easy.
Here’s my lovely Wild Garlic Pesto Recipe – it’s really delicious
Or you can buy the jars – both work very well
I just love pesto with anything really (especially tomatoes & Mozzarella, in a simple salad) and with pasta it adds such a great flavour and lovely texture to this supper.
The addition of pine-nuts goes so well and adds a lovely crunchy texture too.
It’s so so tasty! And Quick and Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
Let me know how you go at this Chicken Pesto & Pine-Nuts Pasta dish.
Be sure to drop me a comment and let me know what you think – I soooo love your comments …..
Other Pasta Suppers
Do you love a pasta pesto supper as much as I do?
I love that a pasta supper is so quick and easy as well as being tasty!
You can always leave the chicken of this recipe for a vegetarian option if you like?!
I’ve scattered some other pasta supper recipes around this post to!
Have a look!
Oh but O’ll share one of my faves – it’s my Healthy Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
Just look at it
Sometime I guess we need to avoid pasta!?
But never fear I have the answer Courgetti with bacon pine nuts and peas – so good, hope over and have a look
I have so many pasta suppers, have a look around.
Just type pasta into the SEARCH bar and ta-dah!!
Chicken Pesto & Pine-Nut Pasta
- 2 Chicken Breast fillets cut into small pieces 2cm x 2cm
- 2 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
- Salt & Freshly ground Black Pepper
- 200 g Button Mushrooms halved
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 130 g Pesto - I use fresh but jarred is ok
- 50 g Pine Nuts or whatever shape you prefer 2 handfuls of Spinach (optional)
- 300 g Fresh Penne Pasta
- 2 handfuls of Spinach optional
- Heat a large frying pan and add the olive oil and then the chicken pieces and garlic and season with the salt & pepper
- Now this bit is REALLY important - you need to fry the chicken and get it really brown and crispy - so don't move it around the pan too much, after 10 minutes add the halved mushrooms, continue to cook until golden
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water until it is ready (according on pack instructions)
- Drain the pasta and return to pan , add the pesto, stir well
- Add the pine nuts to the chicken pan and stir until they are a little toasted, about 2 minutes
- Finally add the chicken, mushroom and garlic to the pasta and stir (why not throw a couple of handfuls of spinach in? )
- Serve immediately