Penne Pasta with Peas, Pancetta & Mascarpone
This is such a LOVELY recipe. So quick and uber easy! Everyone loves a quick pasta dish for mid week and this Penne pasta with peas, pancetta & mascarpone is special!
Thank you Italian Sara for sharing this easy pasta super dish
So what is penne pasta?
Penne is small Italian pasta tubes pasta with ends that are cut at an angle. And then there’s Pennette which is even smaller and works as well, if not better
They are available with a smooth or ridged surface. A shorter and thinner version of penne rigate pasta.
If not available substitute either perciatelli or long ziti broken into smaller pieces or short ziti.
I make this dish at least once per month. Everyone loves it
Pancetta & Mascarpone Pasta
A marriage made in heaven, smokey deep pork pancetta (Italian cured pork belly) mixed with creamy mild mascarpone cheese – Italian delights!
Gosh I love Italian food, this blend, flavour combination and texture is so delicious, please try it!
If you don’t have or can’t by pancetta the. lovely smoked bacon will work well too
To serve your Penne pasta with Peas, Pancetta & Mascarpone
Sometimes I serve it with a side of tomato salad.
The kids usually like garlic bread with it too. Then everyone’s happy!
And all you need are these! So simple
I just love quick tasty Pasta suppers don’t you? This one really is quick and easy and ready in 20 minutes. It’s lovely
I have loads of pasta dishes on here, as pasta is always my go to supper.
A really great one is Pasta with Prawns & Rocket
So good and really quick again! Just look at those colours!!
Try it and let me know what you think to Italian Sara’s Penne pasta Peas, Pancetta & Mascapone in the comments section below the recipe?
Thanks Clare x
Penne with Peas, Pancetta & Mascarpone
- 400 g Pennette or penne pasta /or small shells to catch the peas
- 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion finally chopped
- 150 g Cubed Pancetta or smoked bacon
- 2 Cloves garlic finely chopped
- 200 g Frozen peas petit pois if you can
- 200 ml Vegetable stock
- 125 g Mascapone
- 2-3 squeezes Tomato Puree
- Parmesan for serving
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Boil the water and cook the pasta (salt water)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and and fry the onion slowly until it softens, add pancetta and fry until crispy
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 mins, add the peas, vegetable stock, mascapone and tomato puree, simmer for a few minute
- Drain the pasta, return to the pan and add the peas/pancetta sauce, stir well, season
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of parmesan and dig in